“Loved Our Stay”
Review of Barrowfield Hotel

Barrowfield Hotel
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stayed here from the 1st to 6th August, really enjoyed it. The staff were excellent also the room and food. Our room was 319 and had a sea view.

No complaints about the hotel but if you have a bit of trouble walking don't expect to go on any of Newquay's beaches,they are very steep, get on one of the buses and go to Padstow, Porth Beach, Perranporth and Mawgan Porth. Even sit on the benches over the road which looks out to see and just enjoy.

Will definately go back, another great holiday with Daish's

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
10  Thank lynne76_10
There are newer reviews for Barrowfield Hotel

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Recently stayed at this hotel with two young children, I dont usually write reviews but felt I had to because the staff all try very hard to make sure everyune is happy and looked after. The food and service is great, the rooms are a little bit dated but clean and comfortable.
The hotel is in a good location in the quiet part of town perfect for families would return again!

Room Tip: Family room was good because had a seperate bedroom for the kids with balcony room 120!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank happyholidays1977
Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I have just returned from 6 days at the Barrowfield. We are very impressed with the quality of service throughout the hotel. All of the staff bar none were very pleasant and polite, food was varied and hot and very palateable, rooms were spotlessly clean and the bar staff were so efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there thanks to Richard and the staff... you should be proud of them all Richard.... Our thanks once again. We will be back later on in the year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank jgp175
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Spent four nights here with my sister-in-law, we travelled with Dsiah's and everything from the coach itself and the driver to the checking in and delivery of our suitcases to our room (the staff did not even wait for a tip) The food and the service was very good especially considering the large number of people to be served. Our room did not have a view but it was very clean and comfortable with lovely soft towels, plenty of hot water and the tea making facilities were replenished daily.We were both very impressed, the best coach holiday we have been on, our first with Daish's but we will be going with them again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Brigand43
Reviewed July 12, 2011

i stay ere for at least 6 wks an i ;loved the hotel an the staff was amazing i had company from reception girls every nite an the restuarant manager even offer to bring up my breaky as i like to lay in , i wud nev complain bout this hotel i loved the food an its rates was in shock with the great value i was in the big hotel the witches was film in an check out wen my husband went to work as children wer not even allowed to eat same time as us the barrow field wer more than helpful x

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank pugeyBelfast
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I cannot fault my stay at this hotel the room a twin room on third floor was clean, shower clean though the pressure was somewhat lacking. Was very hot so be warned but could be ajusted to suit. Heated Indoor swiming brilliant nice and warm as you entered, the water just a good. The Jacuzzi not so special same with the sauna but still nice they are there to use, I and a few friends did just that.
The important things like the food, I think the food at breakfast and the evening were excellent enough to start your day off, and in the evening a lovely meal too. We had two bottles of wine each evening nothing special I though it was good value, and prices in the bar were comparable to most other local bars.
The staff were helpful and polite nothing was to much trouble for them I have nothing but praise for them all and hope to have a return trip back to The Barrowfield Hotel
Thank you all there.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
10  Thank aufermo
Reviewed May 18, 2011

This hotel is the base for great budget coach holidays. It offers an ideal location, close to the beach, town and local buses. The advantages of the hotel are good food, friendly helpful staff, great evening entertainment, lovely swimming pool. I can't say it was perfect as my room suffered from overheating and noise from the central heating system, but I know this only affected some rooms. It also has the squeakiest bedroom floors I've ever encountered. However I can for give them the disadvantages as in every other way the offer a fantastic holiday at a bargain price. I certainly hope to return to see more of Cornwall.

Room Tip: Check for noisy central heating
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo