“Awesome”

Newquay Activity Centre
Ranked #1 of 46 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Newquay Activity Centre is a first class provider of fantastic activities and adventures in Newquay, Cornwall. Newquay Activity Centre is home to the Newquay Activity Centre Surf School, the Bodyboard School and Coastline Coasteering. Choose from surfing, bodyboarding, coasteering, stand up paddle board & other activities for individuals or groups. We are perfectly located on Headland Road overlooking Fistral Beach, a great base for all your adventurous activities!
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The guys at the Centre were great, the first time I went I just hired some bodyboarding kit. The next time I went and bought some and booked a coaching weekend with them! They were really awesome at getting me the right kit and at the right price, really helpful, knowledgeable and welcoming staff. The coaching course was really good too, the techniques they teach and the analysis is really good, its very structured and always pushes you. The guys are really top of their game over there, can't recommend it enough. Rob, Karl, Sam, Theo, Sean were great, we had a good laugh and some good boarding!

1  Thank Matt P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,038)
All reviews
"great instructor"
in 20 reviews
"his team"

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on a stag last weekend and it was a great start to the weekend! Great fun and adrenaline pumping and couldn't recommend it highly enough to anyone. We were guided around the coast by Dale and Rich and they were spot on - RNLI lifeguards to put everyone at ease but knowledgable and good guys as well. Couldn't have gone any better!

1  Thank Jamie M
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Been on many a trip with Rob and the crew, to various destinations across the globe. A few visits to Morocco, Indo and the Canaries. Every trip has truly something to remember, with amazing waves and good group of people. Everyone's riding always progresses along with their confidence. I'd highly recommend coaching from the crew at the Depot be it on our shores or somewhere nice and warm during the winter months!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I have recently been on my 3rd welsh body boarding weekend with Rob Barbers Body boarding school at Llangennith (Gower, South Wales) and once again it’s been fantastic.
As always, the tuition supplied over the whole weekend was superb, with Rob and Sam offering instruction and encouragement to everyone on the course at a level that suited each person.
I’ve only been on one other surf lesson but I have to say that this course is unlike others I have seen or been part of. Instead of just standing on the beach and shouting instructions Rob and Sam were both in the water with us so the instruction provided could be put in to practice straightway.
Rob has a very individual way of running the course which makes it feel like you are out boarding with friends and just enjoying the surf as opposed to being on a course and learning quite a lot of new skills.
The lessons learned are already making a difference to my riding but there’s still a long way to go so I’m already looking forward to the next time I join one of the courses and surf with Rob and co.
As many people have already mentioned if you look through these reviews, I can highly recommend this course for anyone who wants to develop their body board riding.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a weekend in Newquay. Had a fantastic experience with Dale and Theo from the NAC on the high tide coasteering trip. Total group size was around 15. Both instructors are trained RNLI life guards and assured us we'd be safe as houses as long as we listened to them. Before we stepped foot in the water they ensured we were fully briefed on what to expect and the different techniques we would need. The jumps were excellent fun, starting out with a not too small 12 footer and building up to a monster 32 footer, not forgetting surging through a pitch black cave with the sea swell! Great banter was had throughout the group, with both instructors ensuring everyone was safe and enjoying themselves. Highly recommended!!