“Newquay Activity Centre rocked it`”

Newquay Activity Centre
Ranked #1 of 44 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Newquay Activity Centre is a first class provider of fantastic activities and adventures in Newquay, Cornwall. Newquay Activity Centre is home to the Newquay Activity Centre Surf School, the Bodyboard School and Coastline Coasteering. Choose from surfing, bodyboarding, coasteering, stand up paddle board & other activities for individuals or groups. We are perfectly located on Headland Road overlooking Fistral Beach, a great base for all your adventurous activities!
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been on a number of trips but I have to say this was by far the best. We had 32 students ranging from 12 year olds to 19 year olds. Rob and the crew were just awesome. Every single kid left buzzing but totally stoked! Coasteering, bodyboardin, surfing, bush survival, extreme rockpooling and beach games - what an amazing week. Everything was well organised, the staff were friendly and brilliant with the kids. Defo going back next year. Can't recommend Rob and the crew enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,024)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"safety briefing"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went down to Newquay as part of our driving adventure around England and had the pleasure of speaking with Rob at the centre... He was really helpful in booking us in for our first Coaststeering adventure.... Once we arrived, Sam had us kitted out in no time, ready to go!! Sam, Tom and Joe were all really friendly and professional, guiding us through all the great jumps and traversing the rocks! We were really lucky and had perfect weather so were leaping into crystal clear waters! The boys pointed out smugglers caves and areas where we couldn't go as there were protected bird species nesting at the time. Super knowledgable and great fun! Definitely want to go back and do it all again sometime!!!

1  Thank sweetlikecandy_82
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I've been to this activity centre before and went surfing, which was amazing.
So in July I returned to try the coasteering.
We were in a large group - which was actually a good thing as we all cheered each other on when we did the jumps.
We were taken out by Rick, Bob and Peter (haha- no, it was Rich, Rob and Pedro....apparently a little competition to get mentions on TripAdvisor guys????) who were really attentive the entire time.
Although we were climbing rocks and throwing ourselves off them again, there was never once a hint of fear as I knew all the blokes were mad-keen on safety and looking after us. But they were a good laugh as well and really treated the whole group like part of the team.
I'd say this activity could be for anyone - you're not obliged to do the big jumps - but you'd only be getting your money's worth if you had a bit of a sense of adventure and pushed your boundaries a little bit.
As your kitted out in about 100 layers, but the sea is quite cold, I'd say this activity would be suited to any time of year.
We did it on a boiling day in July, but I did the surfing in January and that was amazing too.
The place is really easy to find - it is on the road to Fistral beach (one of the main ones in Newquay) and was really simple to book and find out all the info I needed.
Will definitely be heading back here again and would advise anyone visiting Newquay to call in and give one of the activities a whirl!
Happy touristing guys :-) x

Reviewed July 10, 2013

A group of friends and I booked a surf lesson for the first time. Having not done it myself I was unsure what to expect but have to admit i thoroughly enjoyed every minute!! Even with a slight hangover. Have to thank Pedro and Rob for there helpfulness and making it such a great experience. They were great guys and extremely friendly. I would certainly recommend the Newquay activity centre for anybody thinking of booking a lesson and will definitely be back next time I am in the area again.