“Thank you Karl”

Newquay Activity Centre
Ranked #1 of 45 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Newquay Activity Centre is a first class provider of fantastic activities and adventures in Newquay, Cornwall. Newquay Activity Centre is home to the Newquay Activity Centre Surf School, the Bodyboard School and Coastline Coasteering. Choose from surfing, bodyboarding, coasteering, stand up paddle board & other activities for individuals or groups. We are perfectly located on Headland Road overlooking Fistral Beach, a great base for all your adventurous activities!
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I would like to say what a fantastic afternoon my children (William and Grace), myself (mum) ,sister, brother-in law and my niece Emily spent with Karl at Fistral beach. Spent the morning with Karl teaching my children Bush Survival and beach safety skills (very important) as we live in Exmouth, Devon it was really important for us all as a family to know the meaning of the flags and life guard instructions.

Karl really does engage with the children and they loved it, the rock pooling, finding caves and learning to make a proper beach fire and roast marsh mellows!! They have not stopped talking about it.....It was a great experience and I also thoroughly enjoyed my time and learnt a lot myself. Would highly recommend Newqyay Activity Centre, friendly people and everybody learns whilst having fun...keep it up as you all do a fantastic job. Will definately return again. Karen, William and Grace from Exmouth.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Newquay Activity Centre - what a friendly group of people :-) Coasteering was an amazing experience and such a good laugh with Karl and Dale our instructors. They made it a massive buzz for the more confident members of the group, whilst helping the less confident guys to make the most of it and take as much part as they wanted. We didn't find the sea as cold as we feared - glad of the winter wetsuits being available. Then surfing the following day, which is definitely the way to clear a hangover. Nick was brilliant at making the whole thing a great laugh and really helping everyone individually to make the most of our first attempts at surfing. Overall we can't thank the guys enough for helping to make our time in Newquay an unforgettable experience. Everyone should definitely try coasteering on the Gazzel. (and Nick, Colin says he's available to send you any tips to improve your surfing - just give us a shout)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a fantastic time, experience and emotions I’ve got doing my very first surfing with Newquay Activity Center! Although I worried a bit about the cold whether (it was mid. March) I’ve never felt cold during the sessions – Pedro, my instructor never let me to stay still and I needed to act quickly to catch good waves. Thanks to his professionalism I was able to catch the waves on my own on the second session. I wanted to say thanks to the team and Pedro, I will definitely come back to improve the skills I acquired here!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

What a great experience!. Sunday morning with Karl at Fistral Rangers (part of Newquay Activity Centre) with my 2 kids (aged 6 and 8). Karl was brilliant, keeping our 2 kids entertained and busy whilst body boarding, rock pooling and roasting marshmallows. Started with the safety chat, then off to Fistral Beach. It was cold but got in the water pretty quick, after showing how to spot rips. The kids were body boarding within minutes, catching waves, jumping through the surf - loving it. I even managed some boarding myself. Then off to the rock pools, finding crabs, learning lots of new stuff. A warming fire, marsh mallows and mussels picked off the rocks. Could do with being a bit warmer, but other than that - Brilliant! - highly recommended.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Great instruction was given with excellent hire equipment that helped us to get stuck into our coaching weekend. We were fortunate to have great waves and weather each session was the right amount of time. The video analysis was a nice touch as it allowed newbies and regulars to perfect their technique. Would highly recommend felt we were offered a real personal service for my party’s needs. I really liked that Rob got in the water with us to give offer one to one tuition, even helping my mate by flinging him onto the wave. Ended by treating myself to some new kit, as did others, sound advice offered and no pressured sales. Will be back for more and keen to try other activities on offer.

1  Thank paul_trafford