“Great Stables and Trek”

Newquay Riding Stables
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I booked a 1 hour trek with my partner whilst on holiday. My partner is a complete beginner and I used to have my own horse so we went on the beginners trek. The stables fitted us in on short notice, the yard and staff were friendly and professional - dealing with a wide range of riders and experience, some of which weren't easy. The horses were well cared for, forward going and sensible. One staff member even took me aside from the main group so I could go for a canter along the beach which made my holiday. All in all top marks and I would definitely recommend the stables to anyone wanting a leisurely ride in Newquay.The prices are very competitive too.

2  Thank lhunter87
There are newer reviews for Newquay Riding Stables

Reviewed April 3, 2014

I own my own horse and like to get out for a ride when I am on holiday. I only had an hour to spare but Trenance stables fitted me in before their main ride of the day.

The yard is old and quirky but well set up and well equipped for the holiday riders they get in the season, with lots of spare hats and footwear. I had brought my own gear though! They took me at my word for riding capability and put me on Lightning, a keen, forward TB x mare - I enjoyed riding her a lot. The trip out was quite adventurous as we forded a river so deep I had to put both feet on the pommel! By the time we came back the tide had gone down a bit: I didn't know whether to be disappointed or not :-)

As I was the only customer on this ride I spent the whole time chatting to the ride leader, Emma. It was clear that their horses are all well cared for, well fed and well ridden: I can't explain some of the negative reviews here. I would go back without hesitation.

2  Thank JaneShorney
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I booked one session of riding and had a really great 2 hours! We trotted and cantered along the beach and up and down some hilly open grassland, we also trotted and walked along some country lanes and walked through the estuary and through a quaint Cornish village. I like a ride with a bit of everything.

My horse was clearly happy to do what I asked him to do and showed no signs of being fed up as some horses in his job can do - he was raring to go and had his ears up the whole way. I always look to see that the horses are happy, healthy and well cared for (or I take my business away!) and I was happy with what I saw. He was also impeccably behaved.

The staff were friendly and helpful and my horse was ready for me on time (such bliss not having to tack up and muck out myself like we have to at home). I was so pleased with my ride and what I saw that I booked 2 more sessions there and then. My second ride was just as good as the first and I'm looking forward to the third one in a couple of days. I had specifically asked for a different horse for each ride just for the experience and they were happy to do that for me.

I'll definitely be going back to this stable if I'm down in this area of Cornwall again.

1  Thank Jane D
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I went there with a friend who is a horse enthusiast. When we saw the stables, we ware really disappointed. Everything looked so shabby. When we asked the lady about available tours she told us to read the sign and she was very rude. We agreed to leave immediately.

6  Thank Anita F
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great experience. Nice staff and lovely ride on the estuary. I hope to return in the future. Thank you for a nice day.

1  Thank Angela M