Having checked all the great reviews we wondered if Sands would live up to our expectations but It exceeded them. It's just far enough out of Newquay to enjoy the view of it but miss the bedlam and it's above Watergate Bay which is stunning. The hotel and rooms are very clean and modern. Our contemporary suite had a wonderful sea view. The hotel seems to be run by teenagers or maybe we are just getting old, anyway they were all cheerful and willing to please - what more can you ask? The food is excellent and we looked forward to every meal, 5* food in a 3* hotel and very reasonable drink prices.
The facilities are incredible, everything is there especially for children. Our grandson spent ages on the scaled down football pitch and tennis court. We didn't expect a the maze or the super 9-hole pitch and putt course. And no extras, bats, racquets, clubs, surf gear, everything was inclusive.
Overall an excellent choice for a family with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall