Whilst looking online over a year ago for a venue to hold our wedding reception I came accross the Sands website, had a quick look, liked it then spoke to Leeanne Armstrong who was to be our sole contact for the whole planning process. At this point we had not visited the Sands, but decided to book as we were so impressed with the service and communication.
A few months later we were able to finally view the hotel as neither of us live in Cornwall. As soon as we walked into reception we couldn't believe our luck with what an amazing venue we had chosen. Firstly we were greeted by Leeanne who was delighted to finally meet us, then we were shown around the rooms that we would be using for the wedding. It was such a coincidence that the hotel appeared to be decorated with the theme and colour scheme I had chosen for our wedding. We were so excited and knew we had found the perfect venue. It was modern, spacious and relaxing and knew my guests would love it.
As the months of planning went by Leeanne was never out of touch, she was such a help with useful emails prompting me to what to do and when.
Finally the big day came. We went along to the Sands on the Friday before to decorate and again was met by a enthusiastic Leeanne. We had such fun decorating the rooms, with many staff running around collecting extra bits to add to the decorations. The room for the meal was just right, it was fresh, clean and modern. Our function room was also perfect for us, giving us plenty of room for our DJ, guests to sit and of course dancing! All the staff on duty that evening were superb and we were served with a smile by everyone. It really did make us feel special. Leeanne was there to welcome us as we arrived, and stayed to make sure the meal went by without a hitch, she introduced my husband and I to our guests, and then the speeches. She worked so hard to make sure it all went smoothly, and it certainly did. I even had my shoes whisked away from me and cleaned as we had been onto the beach for photos.
As for the food, it was outstanding. I lost count of how many comments I'd had from guests saying how good it was. It can not be easy to serve 50 people all at the same time and running late, but it was done expertly. I hear the bar staff were very patient with a few of my guests that refused to go to bed and continued to drink into the small hours (including my Dad by all accounts!)
All of my guests decided to stay at The Sands, many of them arriving on the Friday. Quite a few of these had children and they were all extreamly impressed with the facilities and activities. All the children at the wedding seemed content and happy, and I had reports that all the children slept unusally well, so credit to the hotel for a job well done!!
The guests all told me how impressed they were with the hotel, they enjoyed the quiz on the Friday night, and they enjoyed their meals. They loved the rooms that they stayed in, and made good use of the baby listening service. Many having a well earned break from their kids. Not only did they come to attend our wedding, but they also got a nice relaxing break at a fanastic resort. Leeanne and the staff all worked above and beyond their duty to ensure everyone had a great weekend and it really paid off as they are still talking about it now!!
I would recommend The Sands to everyone, and we can't wait to return next year for a stay ourselves for our anniversary.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall