My boyfriend and I booked Sands for a last minute break from the 7th- 12th April.
I did lots of research before booking into different hotels but decided although Sands is advertised as extremely family orientated this was the best one for us.
When we arrived we couldn't believe how quiet and peaceful the hotel seemed. Our room wasn't ready yet so we went and got a drink in the bar and sat in the beachcomber lounge which has amazing views onto the ocean.
As I said it's advertised as a very family friendly hotel so I half expected there to be kids running around everywhere but there wasn't, saying that it wouldn't have bothered us if there was.
Our room was soon ready and it was lovely. We had a pool suite with a lovely balcony looking over the outdoor pool and garden, I wasn't expecting a balcony so this was a nice surprise. The room was big enough for 2 adults and 2 children so for the two of us we had so much space, the room was lovely and clean and comfortable.
We'd booked bed and breakfast and went down for breakfast around 8 am each morning, there was everything you'd expect there to be in a buffet breakfast I enjoyed the muesli and fruit and my boyfriend enjoyed the fry up.
We were surprised to find the first morning that we were sat on our own in a separate restaurant (ours overlooked the sea again the other over the garden ) this happened every morning we were there on the second day we asked why this was and the lady said we were the only couple there without children and we were in the adult area of the restaurant. We were shocked to hear this as we didn't notice the children much at all (maybe we were just lucky to have a well behaved bunch)
We did appreciate being sat separately as it was a nice peaceful room.
We didnt have lunch at the hotel at all but the menu looked lovely.
We had dinner one evening and that was Delicous. Soup, steak and chocolate éclairs all for £22 was very reasonable.
The waitress at breakfast (same lady every morning, never caught her name)and the evening staff were all lovely too.
Bar staff and reception also very friendly. One particular sunny day my boyfriend and I fancied pimms, the barman said they didn't normally do pitchers until the summer but he could do one especially for us which was great we sat on our balcony and enjoyed the views with a jug of pimms!
The swimming pool was also lovely and never overcrowded.
All in all an amazing stay and we're already planning our next visit!
I'd definitely recommend the hotel for anyone, families or couples! The hotel is well set up for both!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall