We have just returned from a three day weekend staying at this lovely resort hotel and spa. Although it is absolutely marvellous for families with so much attention to detail, we really enjoyed staying there as a couple. It was out of the school holidays and although there were families there we didn't feel 'swamped' by them. Our bedroom was actually a family suite on
the second floor overlooking the sea. Our bed was a comfortable super kingsize and the room was very spacious with a part vaulted ceiling and lounge area. There is a road directly outside
but it wasn't really noisy and at night we didn't hear anything and slept really well.
There is a separate restaurant for adults and although the menu is table d'hote with three choices for each course and a special for the mains it had been well thought through and the choice was very good. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious - complements to the chef. The breakfasts had plenty of choice and were cooked to order. The waiters and waitresses were very friendly and efficient, I know one was called Lilly but didn't
get the others names but you know who you are.
The housekeeping staff do a great job and everywhere was very clean. We were so busy out and
about that we didn't have time to sample the spa or the indoor pool or any games such as table tennis but they are there if you want them.
This hotel is in a great location on the outskirts of Newquay and makes a great base, we can
honestly say there weren't any negatives to our stay and we had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall