Stayed with our 4yrs old & 1 yrs old in a pool suite. Good spacious functional room with a sleeping area for children separated by a short corridor to our sleeping area. Hotel decor and interior did make me think it was a bit 'youth hostel' or University halls of residence. Also the quality of the beds, mattresses, bed linen etc was quite poor which did affect our sleep. As did another family staying along the same corridor who had a total lack of thought or regard for other people's babies/ children who may be asleep.
Regardless of all that we still had a nice time. Top of the list were all the facilities for our children to use: indoor pool, outdoor pool (above ground - bit odd looking), soft play, playground, Maze, Zip wire, Tennis, etc etc the list goes on ... We were able to borrow for free anything for the beach like wet suits, wind breaks, buckets and spades etc which was brilliant. I strongly suggest body boarding at Watergate Bay - 3 mins drive away. Best thing for parents is you get to eat a 3 course meal every night in peace & quiet! We used the baby listening service for our baby and the kids club for our 4 yrs old. Amazing!
Had a couple of nice treatments too.
Would we stay again? Probably not. But only because we like to have the luxury surroundings & feel to a holiday. Which of course i know we'lll have to pay extra for!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall