Well, I love to look for fault, I really do! I check every hotel I ever stay at on here first and I will ALWAYS read the bad reviews first, I can't help it, it's who I am.
My partner booked this hotel for us, and when I saw it was for families (although a mother myself, I was planning a child free break) I worried about screaming kids tearing round the hotel, babies balling their eyes out over breakfast and all manor of related things, how needless these worries were!
We arrived at the hotel to find ample parking, with views of the sea in front of the hotel, and rolling field behind!
Checking in was quick and efficient and we were told how to get to our room! The communal hallways looked a little tired, but with bright photos of local areas decorating the walls this was soon forgotten!
Our room was a family room, perfectly comfortable and clean, with a fridge provided which is great if you have babies!
We found that there was a bar for adults only in the evening and at it appears that at meal times family dining is in a separate dining room to other residents at the hotel. We were also informed of times when the pool is for the use of adults only too! Fab!
The only meal we ate at the hotel was breakfast, there was plenty of choice and all delicious on both Mornings.
Although it was Just my partner and myself this time, we will definitely be back with the children, as we can see that the hotel is fab for families and that the facilities they provide (even with a small sur-charge) are excellent value for money!
Well done to all at the hotel, thank you so much for a relaxing break!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall