The hotel is excellent. It seems to cater well for both families and couples as there are many different dining options, room types and bar/lounge areas. This was our first ever hotel visit with 3 children and after a stressful start (baby's sleeping bag left at home), we soon relaxed. The rooms are excellent and the childrens' room has plenty of room, good sized beds and a proper door between it and the rest of the room (bathroom and parents' room). We used the childcare once and the children really enjoyed the childrens' club and wanted to go back. The pool is not particularly large but although the hotel was full, we only ever shared it with one other family. There are plenty of areas inside and outside to relax and for the children to play. It is also very close to 2 excellent beaches - Porth and Watergate Bay and you can walk from the hotel by crossing a fairly quiet road or drive a few minutes to get to the nearest. I was surprised about the negative comments about breakfast which we thought was really good and catered for just about every taste. The evening a la carte meals were excellent and we really enjoyed our childfree dinner every night (we made use of the baby listening service). There was also great live entertainment (2 local singers) on the Saturday night which we were surprised we enjoyed so much. There were a few negatives - we were given the wrong information about the breakfast time and were really irritated as we had to keep the children occupied in our room for a full hour longer than we needed to) and the fact that you have to pay to use the gym - a small thing but feels really penny pinching. But these were outweighed by the positives - great friendly staff, fantastic food, lovely rooms, great atmosphere - and we would definitely like to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall