Whilst I can not fault the staff or the facilities, I can complain over the state of the rooms. I stayed here a few times this September and October for work. The rooms I had were spacious with amazing sea views. However, every time I stayed here, there was a cleanliness issue with the room. On multiple occasions there were stray hairs in the bed and on the pillows - I found these on the first night and they were definitely not mine. I took this to mean the bed sheets were not clean and slept on the outside of the covers (which was not comfortable as it was a cold night). I also found hairs in the bathtub, again on my first night, before I used the facilities. There were also occasions of make up on a pillow and make up on the cups provided with the tea making facilities. On most of the occasions that I stayed there, I only stayed for one night and did not complain. If I had been there for more than one night I would have done so. I also re-stayed there because it was the only hotel close to where I was working. The other two negative points I want to mention are that the beds were amazingly uncomfortable and the breakfast timings. One of the other reviews says breakfast was poor, I did not get to try as breakfast was not served until 8 am, and I always left for work by 7.30.
The staff were very friendly though and recognised me and welcomed me back each time. I can see why this is popular choice due to location and family facilities. But I would not recommend and would not choose this hotel voluntarily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall