We recently had a 3 night stay at the Sands - a bit of a cheat as we only live a few miles away but just needed to get away for a bit and spend some quality time with the little ones. It was full on excitement from the moment we arrived with so many things to do and see I wondered if we would ever get them to bed! Our room (Contemporary sea vew) was fab with the bonus of the separate sleeping area for the kids and a nice size room so we didn't feel cramped. We had a few minor problems with the room but one call to reception they were put right straight away. Only one drawback was that there was no window to open in the kids room and although there was a fan on the wall it did get quite warm so pack light jimjams!
All the facilities were great and very well maintained and although the weather was not perfect we were lucky to be able to try the outside and indoor play.
Kids high tea was fab with tea and coffee for us grown ups to help ease the process of persuading the kids that vegetables are not yucky! We opted for the adults only dining which was such a treat and relaxing knowing that the room was monitored by the intercom system. The only comment I would make to the hotel is to offer an alternative fine dining option for adults in the evening as we would have paid extra for a change on one of the evenings - however the food was still very good and it did not detract from our enjoyment just something for the wish list!!
I would recommend the Sands to any family as it really gave us a break together that we could all enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa overlooks the Atlantic ocean to the west and countryside to the east. The hotel offers a range of free sports facilities and children's clubs as well as a beauty spa, two pools and a gym. Most suites have separate sleeping areas for children and are in a contemporary design. A free baby listening service is also available.In 2016 Sands Resort Hotel & Spa was voted to be amongst the Best 10 Family Hotels in the UK ranking 5th in the TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Sands Resort Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Hotel Newquay
- Sands Resort Hotel And Spa
- Sands Hotel Porth
- Sands Resort Hotel & Spa Newquay, Cornwall