1,086 results
All reviews premium room steam bar sea view parking space booked this hotel per day fantastic views great room stayed here for one night fish and chips the cliff comfy bed weekend break long weekend town centre fistral beach receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

Had a 2 night stay in Newquay at the Great western.
overall our stay was very pleasant with great views etc.
the room was unbearably hot this did not help with a towel radiator permanently on, until I found the isolating switch.
the bar was nice but very busy with slow service ,also don't bother going there to watch the sport on TV the screen has a big black line in the middle which according to the barman is totally acceptable!
I bet the owners would not accept this in there home lounges, why should paying customers?

Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

Stayed for one night for our anniversary in May, great room, really big with a fantastic view, lovely comfortable bed, really clean, lovely bathroom, friendly staff on reception, wish we had stayed longer, will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: May 2019
1  Thank Sue D
Reviewed May 4, 2019 via mobile

I used to love this place. Visited regularly in our lunch hour..
Now they have this weird system, where you queue once for your food and again for hot drinks..??
It means 10 to 15 mins queuing instead of having lunch together..
They are obviously trying to save money but it is a real pain...
Also their prices for a basic lunch, ie a sandwich, are easy too high..
Their locals are staying away and that doesn't bode well for the winter months..
Time for a new manager, I think..

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

We had a 3 day break in Newquay. This hotel is in a great location with fantastic views from the restaurant and terrace (weather permitting). The room we stayed in on the 2nd floor was a little tired and basic. The staff at the reception desk were very friendly and allowed us to leave our bags once we had checked out until our flight and kindly ordered a taxi. The staff in the bar/ restaurant were great at breakfast, very friendly.

1  Thank KerryL1013
Reviewed April 28, 2019

My first impression of the hotel was what a great place, right on the coastline looking out to sea.
Also everywhere I went in the hotel the service was absolutely first class, whether it be on reception, behind the bar or the waitresses serving the food, they were all extremely good.
The real disappointment was when I got to my room.
I was away on business with 3 other people from the same company and as I was last to arrive I was well excited when they were telling me about the wonderful views from their rooms and that one had a corner room where they had panoramic views.
Imagine my disappointment when I entered my room, not only to find it was possibly one of the smallest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in but the only view I had was of an extremely scruffy courtyard and the wall of the next room!!!
I felt very cheated being the only one of the 4 in my party with a rubbish room!
I would definitely recommend the hotel based on the other rooms but I would say absolutely avoid if they were to get my room.
The other negative was there was very little vegetarian choice on the menu so I struggled badly and ended up having Pizza every night which isn’t great.
In summary staff great, food limited and rooms is the luck of the draw!

Room tip: 224 has no view whatsoever
  • Trip type: Traveled on business