“Back for a carvery meal this time”
Review of The Griffin Inn

The Griffin Inn
Ranked #36 of 244 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A cosy cornish family run business With our restaurant and bar menu offering a traditional English menu incorporating homemade dishes using local produce whenever possible. We offer facilities for private functions catering from weddings,birthday parties to wakes and corporate functions. Our newly furnished bedrooms are sure to make your stay a comfortable one with double,twin and family rooms available. With a great full English breakfast in the morning to fuel you up for the day ahead. We have free on site parking, and Wi-Fi, and of course all areas have disabled access.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

A group of us decided to visit on a Thursday evening and instead of just going for a drink to have a pre-Christmas meal at the carvery that operates Thursdays and Sundays.
Well, there isn't usually much to say about a carvery as they are pretty similar but this one did have lamb as one of the meats on offer which is a bit unusual but a nice surprise. (Most have pork beef and turkey).
There was a good range of vegetables all nice and hot and I was able to assemble a good meal on the plate that saw me through to breakfast the next day. If you have a smaller appetite, you can opt for a smaller plate (a couple of quid cheaper) although it seems to me that a carvery is not the advised eatery of choice if you do not have a reasonable appetite.
The pub has the usual good range of beers, wines and spirits and fairly priced as these things go.
Next time I'm hungry I'll be considering The Griffin for my fill.

There are newer reviews for The Griffin Inn

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Went here on the spur of the moment for a meal whilst on a short break. Very good food & good atmosphere.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stopped in one Sunday for some lunch. Brilliant carvery and friendly staff. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Decided to visit for lunch. Read the reviews which seemed pretty good. We were not disappointed. Very clean looking, the service was very friendly and prompt, the food was very tasty, hot, filling and pretty good value for money. Would recommend a visit. We would happily eat there again.

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Working in truro for last two months and have been staying here in newquay. First tried the griffen for their steak deal on a friday night and found it to be excellent, food and service was superb so I have had dined here on a regular basis since, during the week and at weekends. Every meal I've had has been excellent from their regular menu to their Sunday carvery. I highly recommend The Griffin Inn for food and their Guinness is hard to say no to also.

1  Thank noelmorris91