“A breath of Fresh air”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Visited Fresh on the last night of mine and GF's hol here in Newquay. Did not disappoint. Service was excellent, very friendly owners and staff. Quick service and well looked after. Had a sirloin steak at £15 each. Good value which also comes with chips, homemade onion rings, grilled tomatos and mushrooms. All very tasty, steak was amazing and melted in your mouth. Mushrooms only blip as they were too greasy. Real suprise was how good the homemade baileys cheesecake was. Delicious, one of the best, original desserts I've tasted in a while. Decor is nice, abstract modern paintings that decorate around room a real talking point and a positive touch rather than a negative. Very pleased our last night here ended like this.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I ate there 6 times during a week's stay in Newquay. The porridge was fabulous, as were various jacket potatoes! Friends joined me and it became a daily stop for breakfast or lunch. We can highly recommend the baked cod and eggs Benedict.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

During our 2 week stay we went here twice, the first week on a Wednesday and 2nd week on a Tuesday. The first week the food was excellent having the fish goujons starter & prawn coctail starter. These were excellent both weeks we went. The mains we had the first week were Surf and Turf (Pork) and Salmon and this is one of the best meals I have had in Newquay, excellent portion sizes and as the name says fresh! The 2nd week however I had the same Surf and Turf and my wife had the Trio of fish fillets and this was one of the worst meals we had. The surf and turf was no where near as good with regards to the taste or freshness of ingredients and unfortunatly the trio of fish was almost inedible. We swapped dishes as my wife said it was terrible and it was pretty bad. I think the problem was mainly the seasoning or lack of it and the substition of monk fish for one of the fillets. The monk fish was not prepared that well and tasted of nothing. Will try again next time and make up my mind for sure. Perhaps 2 different chefs... I was unsure of wether it deserved a 3 star but want people to make up there own minds and not be put off.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stumbled upon this gem by sheer accident looking for a cosy place for a romantic get-together and left more impressed than ever expected - the staff were the perfect balance of efficient and attentive, the mood was relaxing and non-intrusive and the food itself exceeded every expectation. It was even good enough to get me a second date! Definitely recommended! ^_^

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This has got to be the best restaurant in Newquay.
Been here for my Holidays with a group of friends and we all had a great meal here at Fresh.
It was so good that we came back the next day for breakfast and then re booked for another meal at night. Great choice on the menu, chicken and homemade steak pudding....yummy.
You have to try it to believe it, do it.