“Lovely surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Butchers Bistro

Butchers Bistro
Ranked #12 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: European, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cornish Steak and seafood,serving the finest of steak and seafood with an emphasis on local suppliers.
ottawa
“Lovely surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This restaurant has the disadvantage of being sandwiched between a bright blue pizza place and a yellow and blue shop.....you can easily miss it. Once inside the decor is a bit dated but comfortable. Now comes the surprise...the food and the service. All the menu items are locally sourced...even the sea bass was caught by the chef himself ! My wife had the local mussels...plump and done in a Cornwall cider....best she has ever had ! Chris, the chef, enjoys talking to his customers and knows many by name...a good sign if the locals come here. He even passed on his mussel recipe to my wife . Our waitress was a charming women, originally from Turkey, who engaged us in conversation about the area as well as places to visit if we visitTurkey.
There seems to be many restaurant choices in Newquay but we will go back here once more before we have to leave.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
“Absolutely fantastic! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I eat here on Friday the 28th. Everything about the meal was fantastic! I could not fault a thing! We had mussels and scallops to start. I was absolute blown away by the mariner sauce and tried my hardest to consume every last drop! Scallops were perfect. I had the fillet steak stuffed with blue cheese for main. I am very picky steak eater. I only eat rare steak and was very please with what I was given! Excellent wine, excellent service.

We will be going back to this place!

“Lovey evening had by all.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

From the off the owner and staff were really friendly. The highlights were the fillet steak and the seafood mariniere, we cannot emphasise enough how good these were.

The steak is locally sourced, this cow was from st just and he had its ear tag number written on the board. My girlfriend insisted that its the best tasting steak she has ever had. I tasted a bit and it was amazing.

The seafood mariniere was massive and had a bit of everything in, the liquor was sublime. In short it was literally a bucket full of seafood loveliness.

We have no reservation in recommending this place, if you want decent food at a reasonable price then look no further.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Food, Brilliant Service, Brilliant Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Myself, my Girlfriend and her parents were in Newquay for a few days. We didn't know where to go eat especially in the middle of the week in March when everything is quiet. We came past this restaurant and met the owner/ head chef outside. We were greeted so warmly it was lovely he showed us inside and made us feel comfortable. The guy is a great host and deserves every bit of business with his fantastic way of cooking and the menu he has is excellent. We all loved the atmosphere within the restaurant and even when we were eating our mains he came out of the kitchen to make sure everything was ok.

Definitely worth a try.

• Visited March 2014
newquay
“overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

considering what they charge you should expect an all round excellant dinning experience.as a family im sure we would have been treated better in burger king

• Visited February 2014