“Food is well cooked but childs portions""”
Review of Butchers Bistro

Butchers Bistro
Ranked #13 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: European, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cornish Steak and seafood,serving the finest of steak and seafood with an emphasis on local suppliers.
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Food is well cooked but childs portions""”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We visited restaurant with 7 others family guests, although the food was fine
they use smaller plates so therefore the portions were more suitable for children.
The overal pricing is rather high for what you receive..

• Visited September 2011

• Polish first
“Great food, average service due lack of training.”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

My wife and I dined here, having sampled the Chefs food at the local Fish Festival.
On arrival, my wife, who is not a steak or fish lover,But can eat both, asked for a salad as a main. The waitress asked the chef if he could do this, but she told us he couldn't, for whatever reason. Took us by surprise.

I had Surf and Turf, which was delicious and my wife opted for Sirloin, which she only ate half of, but it was very flavoursome.

She devoured the two side salads that accompanied the mains , though. I thought he couldn't do salad ???

Waiting staff where mostly young and inexperienced. Delivering drinks to tables without a tray, not opening wine at the table etc. Only two single malts on the menu, Glenfiddich and Glen Moray ( which was spelled Glen Moral) I had a large glass of this beauty, 50ml for £6.50. Bit steep, delicious.
Get some more Malts in for us Scots visitors. Plenty of them down here!

Advice, look at your wine a drink menu . Wine list was a bit basic too.

I might have been expecting too much from this restaurant, but overall it was " Okay"

nottingham
“Fish is fantastic”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

My Fish was very well cooked and delicately flavoured.
My partner had paella which was massive, It would've easily served two people!
The only downside was the seating (not very comfortable) and the attitude of the staff. I ordered some mussels, which appeared to come in two different sauces, so ordered one flavour which turned out to be two flavours, but waiting staff didnt question it so when my mussels came I was suprised at the lack of tomatoes in my sauce.
I also didnt like the pudding so we didnt eat it but when asked if it was ok, I honestly said, i felt it lacking in lemon and the dark cholcate doesnt go with the topping, to be told, well it's the chefs special and noone else has said that. Which made me feel a bit weird as surely you should appreciate different palates to give you different feedback on your food,
The starters and mains were very nice though and the staff did seem very busy - probably not used to people giving constructive criticism,

• Visited August 2011
“Not the cheapest but quality costs!”
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Based on TripAdvisor reviews we thought we'd give it a go. We booked a table and the guy behind the bar spaced the guests out; this was well appreciated as we were given as much time we needed to eat our meal. I ordered the Surf and Turf and I was not disappointed! The locally sourced sirloin was HUGE and more importantly delicious, as was the selection of seafood.
I would definitely recommend this bistro to anyone visiting Newquay. Remember quality and quantity rarely comes cheap but this was very reasonable in my eyes

england
“Very good meal. Good food and child friendly.”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

It can be difficult to find good value good food in Newquay. This restaurant is not cheap - but it is good value for the quality and quantity of food. We have 2 children, and whilst they don't have a childrens menu, they are very accommodating in altering adult main courses to suit children, which I always think is a better option - it avoids the proverbial chicken nuggets and Chips.

• Visited August 2011