“Wonderful culinery experience”
Review of Butchers Bistro

Butchers Bistro
Ranked #11 of 239 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cornish Steak and seafood,serving the finest of steak and seafood with an emphasis on local suppliers.
Old Colwyn, United Kingdom
“Wonderful culinery experience”
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This was a gem surrounded by fairly standard holiday type stuff elsewhere in Newquay. Butchers Bistro was inviting from outside with clearly presented menus and information. The welcome and service were warm, efficient and informative. Menu focussed on seafood and everything was fresh and delicious. Complimented by an excellent wine from Camel Valley Vineyard. It's nice to see local produce being supported.
I would certainly return here but sadly too far from home, please open up in North Wales.

• Visited May 2011

• Polish first
Devonport, United Kingdom
“Excellent, friendly and happy staff! Cater for GF too!”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

After trying to find somewhere that would cater for my partner, we called up and found that they would for wheat/gluten free. We turned up and were warmly greeted by all the staff..Chris (owner/head chef) was a legend, he took the time to leave the kitchen and discuss what we could have GF. I ordered the seafood marinerie and wasn't disapointed! A massive bowl of shellfish and lobster claws. Overall a great experience and we will be back!

Devonport, United Kingdom
“Excellent! Caters for GF too!”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

After trying to find somewhere that would cater for my partner, we called up and found that they would for wheat/gluten free. We turned up and were warmly greeted by all the staff..Chris (owner/head chef) was a legend, he took the time to leave the kitchen and discuss what we could have GF. I ordered the seafood marinerie and wasn't disapointed! A massive bowl of shellfish and lobster claws. The staff were all great and the service was very tentative. We will visit again! Thankyou for a great start to the evening!

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“not great...”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

After reading some of the reviews on here me and my boyfriend decided to try out this place during an over night stay in newquay. Although the staff and the atmosphere were great I was slightly disappointed with the food. We both agreed that the mains were a lots better than the starters which we were quite disappointed with, although I will admit it was the first time I has tried scallops so perhaps they just weren't to my taste... Overall I think its fair to say the food is slightly over priced.

• Visited April 2011
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Best Seafood in Newquay”
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Been here on holiday for nearly a week now and already visited twice. The first visit had Mussles and scollops to start which was very tasty and fresh along with seafood marinier with lavender bread which is massive and full for fresh shellfish and fish. 2nd visit had the same starter of scollops but my wife had the garlic mushrooms and bacon which was a big portion and very tasty. I had the brill with chips which was possibly the biggest portion of fillted fish I had ever had and was perfectly cooked, my wife had the ribeye steak suff and turf which was also a massive portion and cooked very well. Thanks to Chis the chef and Mel front of house for 2 great nights. (and to Diago for being so happy)

• Visited April 2011