“another perfect afternoon”

SUP Cornwall - Private Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: SupCornwall offers stand up paddleboading and regular surf lessons in Newquay and around Cornwall. Flatwater and stand up paddleboard surf lessons are available for individuals and groups. Beginner and intermediate, group and individual surf lessons are offered. Academy of surf instructors (ASI) accredited. Paddleboarding is excellent fitness and a great way to see Cornwall. We cater for all from the superfit looking for an adrenaline rush to people looking for a leisurely paddle. Supcornwall also offers a number of paddleboard tours around Cornwall. We also have Paddleboards available for rental for half a day upto a week.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

i have just spent an amazing 2 hours with Lee! sorry if that sounds dodgy.... Stand Up Paddle is a great way to see the Ganel estaury in Crantock. Lee is great company-very supportive and encouraging. a true gent. Within 1 hour i was flying and turning across waves. Who knows after a few more hours maybe I'd try Yoga on an SUP! Superb afternoon
If you come to Newquay check this out! Cheers Doug

1  Thank Doug P
Lee N, Owner at SUP Cornwall - Private Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Cheers Doug

Thanks for that, glad you had a good time. Let me know when you are ready for the Sup Yoga ha ha!

All the best

Lee

Reviewed August 8, 2013

A paddleboarding lesson with Lee in Newquay harbour and a seal popping up every now and then was definitely a highlight of our first trip to Cornwall. It was a perfect activity for Mum and two teenage boys. Lee was very patient and good fun as an instructor.
We also hired two boards for another two days.
I am a physiotherapist and pilates instuctor and enjoyed the focus on posture and balance needed, Also loved the bum, tum and arm work.
We would all love to come back.

Thanks for your great review. Glad you enjoyed it and found it a good workout. Look forward to another lesson some time.

Cheers

Lee

Reviewed June 17, 2013

The main man Lee organised for himself and two other instructors to look after our group of 12 (although 2 would have been sufficient- this didn't alter the cost). On the day, the wind was too strong to go out in the big waves however it made no difference to the fun we had in the protected spot chosen. With a range of ages (67 being the oldest, 20 being the youngest), we were all able to have a great time and we spend more time on top of the board rather and being rolled in waves as is the case with standard surfing. At less than half the price of go karting, as an experience it was spot on and perfectly run. We started with the basics and then ended up with a group race between 3 teams which meant that our competitive side of us came out as expected. Everyone ended up falling in at least once and it is a great stag event. Next time I am on the coast I will definitely try some waves! Lee and the team were relaxed and pitched it just right and this was a great component of a very messy weekend. By the way the hangovers did not get in the way of the fun and gave a great excuse for us falling off the boards. SUP is a great stag activity that fits the bill...Thanks Newquay and SUPCornwall.

1  Thank Justin716
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a SUP lesson with Lee from SUP Cornwall yesterday afternoon. We went to the stunning Gannel Estuary which was the perfect venue for a beginner. Lee is a really friendly and laid back guy and my session felt more like 2 mates going for a paddle than a lesson. I quickly gained my confidence and was trying different paddling and turning techniques in no time at all. I have taken up SUP as a fitness/flat day fun activity. However, Lee's enthusiasm and passion for the sport combined with excellent tuition has boosted my confidence and a whole new realm of disciplines within SUP'ing are now a very real possibility. I will definitely be returning for more coaching from Lee and SUP Cornwall!

1  Thank Matthew T
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had an amazing couple of sessions with Lee and Tom. Couldn't have asked for more. Was such a surprise how easy they made it. After an hour I could easily stand up, paddle, turn, and fall in safely.
Glorious weather and beautiful scenery as well.

1  Thank Lizbeth1376