“Lovely weekend beside the seaside”

The Esplanade Hotel
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely weekend beside the seaside”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Me and my boyfriend stay here for one night, booked through sun hotel offer for a surprise birthday treat for him. We arrived mid afternoon and the staff was lovely and friendly. when checking in they had upgraded us to a balcony room free of charge,which is highly recommend to book,the views were stunning over the bay. The room itself was OK,furniture was a little dated, but the king sized bed was comfy. lovely bathroom with large bath.to relax in. We spent the afternoon in the lounge area,which we loved, the big spinning chairs were fab and that gorgeous view was priceless. Thought the personal touch of a hand written note under our door,when we arrived back from our evening out was a nice touch. We loved the large choice of food available for breakfast continental and full English,would def recommend this hotel and hopefully be back next year : )

Room Tip: Sea view room with a balcony is a must.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Becky H, General Manager at The Esplanade Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us Miss Hewitt. Perhaps next time you could try one of our luxury sea view and balcony rooms which are just right for that special treat. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Polish first
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Have just returned from 2 nights at the esplanade hotel. We arrived at 11am and our room was, as expected, not ready for us. The reception showed us a room to leave our bags in and told us she would call us when our room was ready as we were going for a walk.
We called back in at about 1.30 and she was use about to call us. The room no was 211 and the view was amazing, straight over fistral, the best view in the world. The room itself was ok, furniture was a little dated, but the bed was comfy there was plenty of hangers in the wardrobe and a good shower over the bath. We weren't there to sit in the room, so everything was great for the amount of time we were in it. The lounge and at we're lovely and the staff extremely helpful and friendly at all times, would def recommend this hotel and it's views. Hope to stay again.

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you danandbilly for your feeback we are pleased you had a nice time and hope to see you in the future. After you second stay with us you can join our loyalty club entitling you to discounted rates and certain special offers. Please call reception for more information.
exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Stayed this weekend, hotel was very nice, clean and modern lobby and very friendly staff. We were upgraded free of charge from an econmy to a standard. The room was very large clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was lovely, both continental and full english. The most important point to make is where the hotel is situated, on the cliffs overlooking fistral beach - beautiful! All things said for the price I would def reccomment.

Room Tip: the higher the room the better the view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank twpExter for you kind comments we are pleased you enjoyed you stay.
Devon, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am writing this on behalf of my parents who do not have a computer. I booked this hotel for them and I was so pleased to hear upon their return that they had had a great time. They loved the room that overlooked the beach and spent a long time watching the surfers. Their room was enormous with three beds! I was very impressed with the reception as they went out of their way to make sure that my parents holiday was as stress free as possible. They even reserved the disabled parking for my Dad who is suffering from cancer and can`t walk very far. My parents loved the large choice of food available for breakfast and ate in the restaurant on a few occasions which they enjoyed. The proximity to the beach was perfect as my Mum could go for a walk whilst my Dad rested.They were both in need of a break and The Esplanade was certainly a great choice. Thanks

1 Thank Norma-Devon
Norma, we are pleased to hear that your parents had a fantastic time with us and we hope to see them again soon.
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I booked a last minute break in October at the Esplanade for 2 nights, and was so impressed that I booked another 2 nights later the same week.
The welcome from reception was friendly, the room was fantastic and the location was simply stunning. There is a lovely lounge area which looks over the sea and it was nice to spend an hour or so there watching the surfers do their thing.
I would definitely go back and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Debbie S
Thank you Debbie for your feedback and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. Just remember that now you have stayed with us a couple of times you are able to qualify for our loyalty club were you are entitled to special offers and discounted rates. Please look on our website for more information.
Uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed at the Esplanade Hotel September this year. It was my first trip to Cornwall so I was not familiar with hotels, location etc. I booked three nights at the Esplanade at £30 per night.......I know I couldn't quite believe it myself. Having always stayed in Luxuary hotels I was somewhat apprehensive to what £30 would get me!
Good points: Superb location to Fistral beach and great view from the hotel lobby and restaurant.
I was upgraded to a double room without even asking. The room was clean to a high standard daily and this was maintained throughout my stay.
The bed was so comfortable.
Breakfast was nice. The staff during the breakfast were polite, accomodating and nothing was too much trouble.
Value for money: I think I had a stroke of luck at that price.
Bad points: The hotel was advertised as having Wifi. It worked in the lobby but I had no coverage at all in my room which was frustrating as I needed to be able to pick my emails. I did ask if there was anything that could be done, but the receptionist did not seem in anyway interested in exploring wifi access in my room (shame as she let the hotel down as I had such a high opinion of the staff throughout my stay).
The TV was a little unpredictable, I could only get reception on some channels.
Overall I would certainly stay at this hotel again and recommend to others. This value for money stay certainly did not reflect on the high quality of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank uksg1
I am sorry for the difficulties you experienced with the WIFI and your television reception during your stay. These problems have been taken care of and WIFI is back to being fully operational in every room and public area of the hotel. I hope that you will come and stay with us again.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed in a twin room which was clean, modern and spacious with patio doors leading to grass area, with access to front of hotel and the panoramic views of the surf at fistral. There was a large flat screen tv. The bathroon spacious with a nice large sink and hot shower over the bath. beds were comfy and there was a comfy sofa. We paid extra for late check out which was great. We also paid for a parking space which was well worth it as it was an extremely busy weekend in newquay with few road spaces.So it made our stay hassle free. Also saving us parking fees at the beach. Although it is often easy to park nearby. Staff were welcoming and friendly.

Room Tip: top floor , sea view rooms with balcony look good
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sunnyholidays321 thank you for your feedback and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay.