“Nice bit of cod”

The Cod End Fish & Chip Shop
Ranked #21 of 253 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are now a fully licenced restaurant with fantastic sea views and full table service.
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Great food, really tasty. Nice view from the balcony in the restaurant, finished with a nice couple of pints. Staff very friendly!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great location ,
Great view from the decking area over looking the beech.
Fish cooked to order, which is what I like then you know its as fresh as it can be.
staff nice and friendly.
so if your in the town I can recommend this lovely little chippy

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We ordered two pie chips and gravy. My pie was stone cold in the middle so I didn't eat it. Chips were good but the gravy tasteless. The wife put her pie in the oven to cook through although hers was missing the pastry top. Really don't like being critical of local business but we won't be going back.

3  Thank stevegriffin147
roland m, Owner at The Cod End Fish & Chip Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

I'm very sorry you didn't enjoy your pie sir but we are not in the habit of sending out cold pies they come in to cooked and kept in heat cabinets till served then we probe them to see they are thee correct temp for you to eat . And we would not give out a pie without top they come as one our gravy is bisto gravy !! Perhaps you were just having a bad day so you thought you'd give us stick well a least you said the chips were nice have a nice day sir

Reviewed July 27, 2014

The food was tasty however the standard cod and chips is small (not much chips) and quite expensive. I paid £23 for standard cod & chips and jumbo cod & chips plus 2 cans of coke! Overheard other people moaning about the price. I don't mind paying a bit more for fish & chips when on holiday, however these prices are a bit of a rip off given the portions.

1  Thank Mandy M
roland m, Owner at The Cod End Fish & Chip Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2014

I'm glad you In joyed your but I'm a bit upset to think you thought we ripped you off £23 is not over priced for what you had £4.60 of which v.a.t and you were sat in thee restaruant which is table service which means it will cost you Moore ... All thee prices are on the menu ..maybe you should have had takeaway would have cheaper for you well i must say goodbye now have to fill up my rolls Royce

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We went there cause a friend recommended it..... and it was beyond our expectations......veey good food.... high quality and very tasty..we definetly will have diner at the cod end again....and again...and again...