“Marvin444”

The Cod End Fish & Chip Shop
Ranked #8 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are now a fully licenced restaurant with fantastic sea views and full table service.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Marvin444”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The best pie/pasty chips & peas I have ever tasted, plus the owner is a 'character' I would recommend this place 100%. Great staff as well.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Best Fish n Chips in Cornwall”
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

I live in perranporth and regularly visit The cod End in Newquay. The fish and chips are consistantly excellent quality. Lovely crispy batter every time. I think the previous reviewers must have been to a different place! The staff here are all lovely and there is a great atmosphere with cheerful banter, i cant imagine them ever treating anyone rude. I notice both the poor reviews are on same day which implies a troll to me so i would disregard them. This is and excellent fish n chip shop and even stays good quality in the summer when busy and is a 'proper' fish n chip shop too not just one that only opens in summer. Its been recently refurnished too so the cafe is nice too and it has spectacular views .

STRONGLY RECOMMENDED!

• Visited January 2014
Cornwall
“Food bearable - miserable staff”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Writing a review for another place led me to finding out the name of this forgettable venue.

Over priced compared to most, food not bad but not great.

Miserable staff didn't cover it. I asked for a mini fish and was quite prepared to pay full price I just hate waste. Waitress disappeared and returned to say I wasn't allowed to sit down and have a mini fish.Should have walked out- wish I had as food was literally thrown at us.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank cornwallgas
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“best batter ever”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Spotless facilities and restaurant. Fast service fresh fish superbly cooked and ramped access to fabulous sea view to eat. Outside area looked good but winter so didn't try. Batter was light and not at all greasy. Had cod and plaice both lovely. Coffee really good too. Thank you we will be back.

• Visited January 2014
Birmingham
“Great to have fresh fish”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

On arrival we were told about today's fresh in fish which today was Hake. It was cooked very quickly and arrived with excellent chunky,crispy chips. For two of us with drinks the bill was less than £20 which for a holiday resort was not bad at all

Visited December 2013