“Great to have fresh fish”

The Cod End Fish & Chip Shop
Ranked #7 of 249 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are now a fully licenced restaurant with fantastic sea views and full table service.
Reviewed December 17, 2013

On arrival we were told about today's fresh in fish which today was Hake. It was cooked very quickly and arrived with excellent chunky,crispy chips. For two of us with drinks the bill was less than £20 which for a holiday resort was not bad at all

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Had the best fish and chips her. friendly accommodating. Staff thanking. Sue and Martyn Fox will definitely come here agai. When we return to Newquay

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Excellent freshly cooked food NO grease and friendly staff. Lovely place to eat. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys good quality hot fresh home cooked food. We visited in June also and have returned to eat here once again. Thanx to owner and his staff for the womderful service provided.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Top quality food, speedy service, good value for money. The staff were extremely friendly and the view was stunning. Wouldn't go anywhere else for fish and chips!

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I was on Buisness in Newquay on Friday and being near the sea I fancied some fish n chips but where ? I decided on the Cod End on the sea front what a result , on entering the premises I was met by a very happy lady behind the counter which is a bonus obviously very happy in her job which makes all the difference and also the owner Roly not knowing what to have he suggested the special Cod , chips and I opted for curry sauce and a cup of tea all for £6.95 result!! I was then shown to a table by the window over looking the beautiful bay and Newquay headland my cup of tea was brought to the table with the daily paper , shortly after my lunch was brought to the table all freshly cooked pipping hot with the most stunning golden batter and chips it was excellent I cleared my plate and it was full there was plenty to look at before I had my fill, I asked Roly where he did his chips , next thing I'm having a guided tour of his chipping room , that shows great confidence in your Buisness and well deserved it was spotless !
All said my experience was great !!
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and would certainly eat here again!!