“Good food, cosy booths!”
Review of Senor Dicks

Senor Dicks
Ranked #62 of 253 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Came to señor Dicks for An evening meal whilst visiting newquay, food was prompt and service was good. The sharing starter was lovely, no complaints there, my partner had the ribs which he thoroughly enjoyed. I opted for the chicken fajitas, which weren't the best I've ever tasted but definitely filled a hole. Reasonably priced, more than reasonable food. Nice booths to sit in and enjoy your meal.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I visited senior dicks on Saturday night with a group of 10 friends.

The cocktails were very nice and there was a good choice, I was driving so had a mocktail which was lovely.

The food however was terrible, it was really bland, no spicy flavour to any component of my dish (I ordered the spicy beef quesadilla), the refried beans didn't taste much different from baked beans. The presentation of the food was also poor. Am not sure that anyone in my party actually enjoyed their meal, there was more left over than eaten. One member sent her meal back it was so unappetising.

Would not recommend eating here, just stick to a cocktail.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on reviews from locals saying it was the best place to have margaritas and to be fair it was the best one I've had, properly blended with a sharp tang although for a pitcher the price was a little steep. Ignore the guys complaint below about the habenero chilli sauce being too sweet if you knew it was made with pineapple. Pineapple is a fruit so what do you expect?? Idiot. The waiter was very attentive, when my partner asked if he could recommend any courses he took the time to say what was the most popular and what had the best feedback and his own personal tastes. Starters came quick, mine, the mushrooms, was full of flavour my partner went for the stuffed peppers full to bursting with cream cheese. The mains were huge so maybe we didn't need a starter. My partners chicken in his burritos was a little dry but still ate the majority of it. Since I can't abide coriander our waiter made absolutely sure not a scrap was included in my meal but still put individual bowls out so I could still have a taste of the sauce if I wished (also credit to the chef for that). Decor kept to the mexican theme and there was traditional music playing. Overall it was a little pricey but still filled us up nicely.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visited Senor Dicks on a recent stay in Newquay,we wont be going back.We ordered the mexican combo to start a meal supposed to be shared,so how do you share half a corn on the cob ? Chicken wings ok . The main, a mexican beef chilli, again was ok, more rice and refried beans than beef though ! All in all not a nice experience !

1  Thank rust21464
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Yes it looks terribly tacky from outside but this was one of the best Mexicans we have ever had! The chilli nachos were amazing, I loved the enchiladas and the pick your filling tacos weren't too bad either ;-) food was fresh, atmos was good definitely suggest you book a table unless you get there for opening time @ 6 as it soon fills up