“Stuffed like a burrito”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Senor Dicks

Senor Dicks
Ranked #46 of 231 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Stuffed like a burrito”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Went on reviews from locals saying it was the best place to have margaritas and to be fair it was the best one I've had, properly blended with a sharp tang although for a pitcher the price was a little steep. Ignore the guys complaint below about the habenero chilli sauce being too sweet if you knew it was made with pineapple. Pineapple is a fruit so what do you expect?? Idiot. The waiter was very attentive, when my partner asked if he could recommend any courses he took the time to say what was the most popular and what had the best feedback and his own personal tastes. Starters came quick, mine, the mushrooms, was full of flavour my partner went for the stuffed peppers full to bursting with cream cheese. The mains were huge so maybe we didn't need a starter. My partners chicken in his burritos was a little dry but still ate the majority of it. Since I can't abide coriander our waiter made absolutely sure not a scrap was included in my meal but still put individual bowls out so I could still have a taste of the sauce if I wished (also credit to the chef for that). Decor kept to the mexican theme and there was traditional music playing. Overall it was a little pricey but still filled us up nicely.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“not good !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visited Senor Dicks on a recent stay in Newquay,we wont be going back.We ordered the mexican combo to start a meal supposed to be shared,so how do you share half a corn on the cob ? Chicken wings ok . The main, a mexican beef chilli, again was ok, more rice and refried beans than beef though ! All in all not a nice experience !

1 Thank rust21464
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Yes it looks terribly tacky from outside but this was one of the best Mexicans we have ever had! The chilli nachos were amazing, I loved the enchiladas and the pick your filling tacos weren't too bad either ;-) food was fresh, atmos was good definitely suggest you book a table unless you get there for opening time @ 6 as it soon fills up

West Malling, United Kingdom
“Nice buzzy Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I've just returned from a 3 day weekend in Newquay and we visited Senor Dicks on the Saturday night. We had pre booked our meals as there was 15 of us, so there were no mistakes with the food coming out and saved a lot of time.
The staff were really friendly and coped brilliantly with a noisy group of ladies, the main guy that served us was on his first night of working there and we couldn't fault him, he did a fab job.
My starter of Mango and Crayfish salad was sublime, it was very big and i think i could have eaten just that with maybe another side, so by the time my main came up i was nearly full. I had the Garlic chicken which was a tad bland but the other meals were huge and looked good, there certainly weren't any complaints.
By the time we had nearly finished, the restaurant was packed to the rafters and service became a little slow, but this was understandable because it was so busy and maybe they didn't have enough staff, but it definitely wouldn't put me off going again, and I'd recommend it to anyone visiting the area for a good buzzy night out.

Ottery St. Mary, United Kingdom
“A good as previous visits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Thursday night. Place was busy so added to the atmosphere. Food size portions and meal overall very good. No complaints from anyone about their meal. Would go back if in the area again.