“Diving newquay”
Review of Dive Newquay

Dive Newquay
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Just had a great weekend of diving with james and jt out of falmouth saturday newquay sunday did a great wreck there was only me and my mate ian booked on all weekend but james said he will still take us out that means alot if you love diving and they are mad for it as we are so thanks guys awesome diving great people all of you I highly recommend you try dive newquay as we have

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I have already reviewed dive Newquay in the past and could not disagree with the bad comment left anymore! Yes the staff eat their breakfast but that's because they all work long and hard to supply good experiences.. And judging by all other comments, this is what they deliver! Try it for yourself...

2  Thank Emma E
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I cant understand the review left by mark987654 I am new to diving and at 65 have gained my open water just one week before going on holiday, I believe diving is supposed to be a relaxed and fun sport so when I walked into the dive shop I found everybody to be as I would expect them to be and can only agree with all the other 5 star reviews, Yes they are the new kids on the block and maybe some of the gloves are not brand new and the vans a bit tatty but safety was never compromised.
As it would be my first sea dive James suggested that that I did a shore dive, I was teamed up with Al who looked after me and ensured that I got two excellent dives on the day and Sorry think her name was Nicky who was our on shore safety person.
I would recommend Dive Newquay to anyone looking for a dive in the Newquay area.
Thanks guys.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I went to Newquay for my holidays and was very happy to find a Dive Center there. I walked in and spoke to two lovely people, Tom and Padi. Was very much looking forward to the next day. When I got there things started to be odd from the beginning. I was asked to come in at 9:30. As a customer I expect that everything will be ready at that point. Well it wasnt. Staffmembers were all busy having breakfast and coffees. Surely you do that before going to work. The counter and class room area wascluttered with old dishes and rubbish (rubbish was also out the back in the garden, the parking lot and in the dive van). The manager, big chap whose name I cant remember, was sitting at the counter having breakfast himself while ordering his staff around. I have never had to listen to as many insults and I hope they all get paid enough to make this abuse worth their while. I had to wait for 1,5 hours until we finally were ready to leave. I was glad to be diving with Tom as he was the only staff member on the boat not hangover and smelling of alcohol. It goes against any diving rule to dive under the influence let alone teach or skipper. the dive itself was great and made up for the chaos and wait. shame I lost a whole day of my holiday for anactivity that should take three hours. I have dived all over the world and am used to friendly staff ready for their customers and the dive. I also disagree with staff smoking on the premises and the boat. as a paying customer I dont want to be subjected to smoke when paying for a sports activity. The place has potential, once tidy and clean it will be a beautiful shop and with a change in management things might run smoother, less chaotic, friendlier and become fun for staff working there.

5  Thank mark987654
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I am writing this review for anyone who is thinking of doing a scuba diving course. I was visiting Newquay Cornwall in mid September and I had always wanted to do a scuba diving course, so I check the Internet and Dive Newquay appeared, so a rang to book a SSI Diving course and spoke to James who was very helpful and enthusiastic about diving and booked my course.
I arrive on day one to start my course and met my teacher Annabelle, who I have to say is quiet young, but I was so impressed with how professional and patient she was with me being in my 50 s I'm not as fixable as I use to be.
We went though all the diving proceeders until they were second nature and the final dive was amazing, in 5days I qualified as a SSI diver and that is thanks to Annebelle and the team at Dive Newquay. If you want to do an SSI diving course choose this one, you will really enjoy the course and Cornwall is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

2  Thank Chris B