“100% Recommended. Awesome”

Big Green Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: At Big Green Surf School we pride ourselves in giving loads of personal attention in the water to ensure you're getting the most out of your surfing. We specialise in small groups (max 6 with 1 coach), simple and achievable techniques for all abilities, the best equipment available, incredibly passionate & experienced coaches as well as 2 of the best locations available for your Surf or SUP experience. You can now find us in Newquay at Base Surf Lodge where we can offer fantastic Surf & Stay packages at great prices, as well as our new base over at the National Trust's Crantock Beach where we are the only surf school! Perfect to find some quiet space during the busy peak summer. Come and join us and see what all the fuss is about!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Learning to surf at Fistral Beach with Dale was an absolute pleasure.

Dale's passion for getting you surfing really does shine through in his teaching, and more importantly, achieves results: by the 3rd lesson, I was riding waves like I'd been surfing for years.

Don't worry about bringing any kit with you as the high quality wetsuits and surf boards are all included - absolutely fantastic value for money.

I would 100% recommend anyone looking for some surfing lessons to book with Dale, and I look forward to taking up another course with The Big Green Surf School on my return to Newquay.

BigGreenSurfSchool, Owner at Big Green Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Mate it was an absolute pleasure having you here and we're looking forward to seeing you again in October. Well done though mate, you were really ripping by the end, keep those fingers crossed for some swell later in the year!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

What can I say, I've had a few surf lessons before and none of them match up to this. Dale our coach was great, he really gained our confidence and put a lot of effort and enthusiasm into the lesson. He provides constructive feedback, great techniques to try and at the same time he kept it fun and relaxed. We will definitely be back for more!

BigGreenSurfSchool, Owner at Big Green Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thanks guys - keep it up and next time your down we'll get you ripping even harder!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We could not speak highly enough of Nick and the team at The big Green Surf School.

We booked a 2 hour lesson for our Nephews (Owen 12 and Bryn 16) by the end of which both were not only confident in the surf but amazingly standing on the boards.

The class was small, the Instruction was second to none and all in the class seemed to really benefit from the tuition.

Thanks Big Green Surf for making our visit to Fistral so memorable.

Jan, Garth and the Boys

Guys we're so stoked that you enjoyed your lesson, Nick had nothing but good reports from the beach and said you guys were ripping it up in no time! Thanks for the kind words and we'll look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Dale is an awesome teacher who take time with all his student. I feel i learnt a lot with him and feel 100% more confiden on the board. Thanks a lot Dale and I will take everything you taught me to Hawaii ;)

Definitely mate, good luck in Hawaii, watch out for those outside sets!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Phoned up on the Saturday night at 8:00 and was out on the beach next morning at 10:00 - brilliant! Me and my 12 yr old son were the only two at the session so more or less 1-2-1 tuition. Kit was good - pulled the labels off my sons wetsuit as it was its first use. Tutor was Webs - basically the coolest guy I've ever met. Thanks BGSS see you next year!!

Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Really stoked that you guys enjoyed it - the report from the frontline is that you guys were absolutely ripping! Hope to see you again soon