“No Better Place To Learn!”
Review of Wavecrest Scuba

Wavecrest Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: A PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort and the FIRST PADI TecRec centre in Cornwall, offering guided dives, diver training and holiday options around the world
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I approached Mark Rayner and Wavecrest 3 years ago as i was interested in completing my open water and said from an early stage i would love to be working in this industry.

From the word go mark was always on hand to answer any question i had and was always pushing me to my limits to make me the best diver i could be and preparing me for my dream of working as a Padi Pro Diver.

Over the years Mark took me from Nothing to the Divemaster i am now with several specialities on the way. I have been lucky enough to dive some amazing dive sites across cornwall, Marl will always give you the best site for the day - and always have a hot flask of coffee waiting after a dive! I was invited along to the Schools dive trip to Egpyt were mark never stopped teaching me and always been on hand to answer questions i had and generally keep an eye on me! (sorry mate i know it was meant to be a holiday!!)

When i had completed some time in England i was interested in finally making diving my career abroad which Mark also helped me do by sharing his knowledge of dive centres around the world which gained me a Job in spain with his recommendation alone!

Very shortly i will be completing my IDC and moving out to Spain then on to the world after that!!

In Short Wavecrest Scuba and Mark Rayner changed my life - which is what diving is all about, changing lives and opening your eyes to whats out there.

So if your looking to start your journey do it with Wavecrest!

2  Thank Sam N

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Having wanted to try my hand at scuba for sometime I looked for a good local scuba school. I visited a couple but only Wavecrest conveyed the professionalism and confidence that made them the obvious choice.

They suggested that I tried one of their trial dives in a pool and were patient and understanding of my fears, and soon put me at my ease. I would highly recommend them.

2  Thank Cornwalldavid
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My children have been learning to dive with these guys over the summer. They are so patient and my children have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and their confidence has grown.

2  Thank Butterflyali
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked my 2 boys (11yr old and 14yr old) onto the try dive session (Undersea Discover Scuba) which they loved! This included a pool session and a beach dive.
At all times the instructors were incredibly patient, friendly and gave good clear instructions, so both kids felt safe at all times, with no reservations to ask anything.
Transport between the pool area and dive site was provided too.

This is an incredibly professional, yet very approachable and friendly diving company and I can't recommend Wavecrest Scuba enough.

Mark and Ed who instructed the boys have made 2 new converts to UK scuba diving as a result, as both boys are now intending to do their PADI Open Water course with Wavecrest Scuba.

2  Thank sjmatchett
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First time diving, and unsure whether I would like it or not. But this company and the instructors were the most patient and helpful teachers I've ever had in any sport/subject. I had only paid for the taster session (PADI Discover Scuba) for the PADI Open Water Qualification and now I am hoping to continue and work on it until I've got it. We were taught perfectly the basics and safety elements straight away in a training pool. This allowed for good confidence underwater. The instructors were so friendly and un-patronizing. Once all the basic training was complete we were taken to a near by beach to get suited up and start real scuba diving. This experience was one of the best I've ever had once you started to dive the sea came to life with schools of fish and sea-creatures. I had no idea our local waters had so much life. Once finished you just wanted more!
From not having any experience at all I feel confident with the gear and just generally scuba diving and will hopefully taking it to the next level with the same company.

1  Thank Oliver M