“Amazing First Time Experience”
Review of Wavecrest Scuba

Wavecrest Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: A PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort and the FIRST PADI TecRec centre in Cornwall, offering guided dives, diver training and holiday options around the world
Reviewed August 12, 2013

First time diving, and unsure whether I would like it or not. But this company and the instructors were the most patient and helpful teachers I've ever had in any sport/subject. I had only paid for the taster session (PADI Discover Scuba) for the PADI Open Water Qualification and now I am hoping to continue and work on it until I've got it. We were taught perfectly the basics and safety elements straight away in a training pool. This allowed for good confidence underwater. The instructors were so friendly and un-patronizing. Once all the basic training was complete we were taken to a near by beach to get suited up and start real scuba diving. This experience was one of the best I've ever had once you started to dive the sea came to life with schools of fish and sea-creatures. I had no idea our local waters had so much life. Once finished you just wanted more!
From not having any experience at all I feel confident with the gear and just generally scuba diving and will hopefully taking it to the next level with the same company.

1  Thank Oliver M

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Myself and my friend went scuba diving for the first time. It was a great experience, staff were very friendly and helpful and clear at giving instructions. The staff were also very in tune with your safety. The experience was great and would highly recommend it to anyone and is a fantastic value for money you will not get it cheaper!

1  Thank AldoM9
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Myself and my son decided to do our open water diving, we were complete novices and I was quite apprehensive. The course was great, very professional, always felt safe and looked after even 7 metres under water. I couldn't have asked for more patient instructors and they have a great sense of humour. If you are going to dive or learn to dive in Cornwall I would highly recommend wavecrest.

Thanks guys!!

1  Thank samted
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We did the discover scuba and spent a fantastic day with the guys at Wavecrest. We spent the morning in the pool practicing some skills and then travelled to Swanpool, Falmouth to try it in the sea! It was so much fun. Mark and the team are friendly and professional and we felt very safe in their hands. Can't wait to go diving with them again! Top day :-)

Reviewed September 23, 2012

had an amazing time, good professional set up, and very helpful. found wavecrest to be very safety conscious and go beyond the normal customer service standard. i started with my open water and progressed through to rescue diver. hope to come back for my DM :) thanks to every one that got me through it.