“Absolutely amazing, great value and lovely surroundings. A must for Porth”

Estrella Morada Bar de Tapas
Ranked #43 of 240 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small family run Tapas Bar facing the beach in Porth Nr Newquay. Sorry we do not allow children under 14 as we are a fully licensed public bar, adults haven, adults have to have somewhere to go without children. You can sit & enjoy a glass or bottle (from £14 per bottle) of Spanish wine/ sangria (£8 per half litre or £15 per litre)or beer in our relaxing bar or out looking over the beach or if you feel a bit hungry why not try some our our tapas. All our tapas dishes are cooked fresh to order (if hot) & are from authentic Spanish recipes. Dishes cost from £3 (olives) to £6.75 (scallops & morcia) We say for a snack 1-2 dishes or substanial meal average of 5 dishes per couple if you want a full meal
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Absolutely amazing, great value and lovely surroundings. A must for Porth”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Tonight we have been to this restaurant and thiught it would end our holiday nicely and we werent disappointed. Possibly THE best meal we have had in a long long time. The owner was welcoming and relaxed. We enjoyed warmed breads, tzatziki and fresh houmous on the terrace with sangria followed by an array of delicious meals inside the restaurant area. It was all freshly made and tasted native to a spanish dish. It was also great value for money, only costing us £25 each which was 12 different dishes, 2 jugs sangria, a brandy and 2 disarrono's and coke so id say great value and a definite treat.
We ended with a beautiful home made brownie with clotted cream which was intensely delicious.
Thoroughly recommend this restaurant and would most definately return when we come back to Newquay. The setting is amazing over looking the beach watching the beautiful sun setting. What a treat tonight has been and a fantastic end to our fandabbydozey couples retreat away.

• Visited June 2013

Newquay, United Kingdom
“THEFT!... Avoid at all costs!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went with my partner tonight, as a local in the area i am very disappointed to think that this restaurant is representing Cornwall to tourists! As the restaurant is feet from the sea the seafood dishes are awful! I threw up on the way home and am writing this still feeling ill. They promote their pungent authentic sangria, it tastes like orange juice and costs £15!!!!!! - which they fail to tell you, so only order if you are happy to remortgage your house in order to drink it! Ended up paying £30 a head for a terrible meal and will never return. AWFUL! [--]

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank ShellyBeach_36
NAB18P, Manager at Estrella Morada Bar de Tapas, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal.All our food is from true old Spanish recipes but if your bill worked out at £30 per head you must have a lot to drink, (nothing to do with the sickness of course) I believe you had two jugs of sangria, not that bad if you ordered another & prices for our drinks are in the menu, most of our customers are around £12 - £22 per head unless they have an expensive bottle of wine or extra to drink, our food start at £3 per dish to our most expensive £6.75 (scallops & morcia ) & for a good meal we say 5 dishes PER COUPLE. Our sangria is made up of manly red wine & brandy with orange juice & fresh fruit, like any cocktail it goes down to easy with out noticing the alcohol. Also like to point out were not a seafood restaurant were a Tapas Bar a place where you can just come in for a drink.
Midlands
“Good as usual”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We went here new years eve. Food wad good as usual, portions just right, 5-6 tappas is just right for two people. Selection could be a bit wider but not an issue just a small observation.

Newquay, England, United Kingdom
“Good food, generous portions!”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Generous portion sizes, for Tapas it was really big platefuls - personally I really enjoyed the food and the meal however others in the party felt a little disappointed at the quality of food hence the 4 overall.

Must say I thoroughly enjoyed everything I ate, prices were reasonable and I would definitely eat here again!

Torpoint, United Kingdom
“Fab Meal”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Back for another meal at Estrella, but took my Sister and her other half this time and she has never had Tapas before, but she loved it. They recommend 5 items between 2 people, so because we were 4, we ordered 10, but my Sister's chap and my Hubby have big appetites and also the food is just so yummy, so we quickly polished off the 10, then ordered another 4, but only because we wanted to try virtually the whole menu!! We then all had the amazing Chocolate & Rum Mousse cake that they make as I had requested it on the Menu for the night as the last couple of times we have eaten here it has not been on the menu, and I just love it. I am not usually a big fan of chocolate desserts, but this one is superb, along with the rest of the meal and is just a nice finish. If you have never had Tapas before, then this is the place to try it out, and even if you have, still try as you won't be dissappointed. Another bonus to this restaurant is the fact that there are no kids under 14 allowed. Not that I don't love kids as I have 2 grown up ones of my own, but I just don't like screaming ones when i'm trying to enjoy a nice meal out!!!

• Visited November 2012