“Surfing lesson”

Fistral Beach Surf School
Ranked #4 of 45 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the only surf school located on the famous Fistral Beach, offering 2 hours for all abilities. Whether you are a beginner who wants to give surfing a go for the first time, or someone who wants to improve their surfing ability, we will have a variety of lessons from group to individual courses. With a pay and display car park and no walking to and from the beach, Fistral Beach Surf School is the perfect choice.
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Spent last weekend in Newquay as a treat for my 50th birthday, organised by my wife.
One of my activities was a surfing lesson with the Fistral beach surf school, which was very enjoyable. The staff were very helpful and moved my original booking back a day due to the lack of waves. The instructor was clear and keen to help, and in my view, much too flexible and athletic (made me feel even older). Being a bit of a natural, I was up and riding the waves by the end of the lesson and would recommend the Fistral beach surf school if only to have a go.

Rod M

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Thanks to all at Fistral Surf School in particular Jenny. Thank you Jenny for getting me to finally surf properly.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We were back in Newquay so revisited Fistral beach surf school, had a fabulous time! We got all the equipment for the day with a lesson in the morning, so much fun!! We will be back again, as before the instructors were great and all wetsuits were lovely and warm. Completely exhausted at the end of the day though!

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I have never surfed before and booked two lessons. The staff were so friendly and helpful (as they all are in Fistral) and set me at ease instantly.

Within two lessons I was standing up more often than not. Although the waves were only very small, it didn't matter as the instructors were so good, you still saw the value in in catching the waves.

I would recommend this to anyone. The cold isn't a factor because of the wetsuits. Believe me, I was worries about this! My feet were cold for 30 seconds and that was all.

If you are at all contemplating this, and u must be if you're reading this, book now!!! You won't regret it!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Right on the beach, first class equipment, friendly and competent staff - Dani, our instructor was very good with me (I seemed to be glued to my board when the waves came and it was time to push up and stand …) and with the girls, one of them was rather sceptical in the beginning whether this is fun or torture and the other one was experienced … he dealt with it all with a smile and we all enjoyed it immensely. The surf school had a photographer on the beach who produced some evidence of our surfing experience … all together it was a wonderful and memorable experience. Can't wait to get back on a board on Fistral Beach ….