“Great Surfing Lesson With Jenny”

Fistral Beach Surf School
Ranked #4 of 45 Tours in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the only surf school located on the famous Fistral Beach, offering 2 hours for all abilities. Whether you are a beginner who wants to give surfing a go for the first time, or someone who wants to improve their surfing ability, we will have a variety of lessons from group to individual courses. With a pay and display car park and no walking to and from the beach, Fistral Beach Surf School is the perfect choice.
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was lucky enough to have a one on one lesson with Jenny.
I'd flapped about on a surf board a couple of times before my lesson. After a 2 hour tutorial, with the lovely Jenny I was standing up on waves and self correcting my position.
Honestly the nicest surf shack, I hired a wetsuit and booties with a board for 3 days.
One of the best weekends ever, I now defiantly have the surfing bug and will be back to Fistral bay and the Headland Hotel again.
Thank you Fistral Bay Surf School.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Myself and my partner went in for our very first attempt at surfing. We has a 2.5 hour beginner lesson with Richard AKA Pidgeon...and had so much fun. Tuition was great, hot showers for afterwards and lovely warm winter wetsuits....despite it being October we weren't cold once!!!! Stunning location, would definitely return here for more lessons.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My first ever lesson from Seb, originally from Morrocco, and a proper surfer dude! He gave a great breakdown of how a surfboard and surfing works, without over complicating things, and was just a genuinely nice guy.

Price was good. £30 for 2 and a half hour lesson, which included the hire of the wetsuit and board. There are other offers for groups which work out cheaper or if you book in advance I think, but I just turned up and surfed in my own while my other half didn't fancy it, so she just watched!

Got me hooked on surfing, I went back and hired the stuff again a few times and practised what I had learnt, and I was standing on the board on day 2, if only for a couple of seconds!!! Day 3 and 4 I could stand for longer, and even caught a few bigger waves!

I will definitely be back for more lessons.
Highly recommended, and thanks for a great day!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The price was 30L which included a wet suit and the board, and the group was approximately 10-15 pupils. I would have liked to be able to have a few more minutes of one-on-one than one can have in this set-up. The instructor was very professional and cordial to all the students. This was my first-ever lesson surfing, and I felt that I went away with no more than the ability to grab the edges of a board and put my feet over the end of it, so I can ride a wave in, but I don't feel able to progress to the next stage.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went to Fistral Surf School with my two sons and had a brilliant time. The reception is friendly and efficient and the kit is great. Jenny was our instructor and she was superb: infectious enthusiasm; patient teacher; and great coach. Thanks to Jenny we all made good progress and were standing up on our boards before we knew it. The time flew by but after two and a half hours we were tiring so it was a good time to finish. In short, perfect location, great equipment, and superb instructor. The amount of time you have is just right and I think represented really good value for money.