“Excellent food”

Silks Bistro & Champagne Bar
Ranked #58 of 246 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the four star Atlantic Hotel, Silks Bistro and Champagne Bar is one the finest restaurants in Newquay. The bistro exudes a distinctively modern vibe with monochrome upholstery and sky high palms.Open seven days a week serving coffees, teas and light bites and with daily lunch and evening specials, the AA Rosette awarding-winning Silks Bistro & Champagne Bar is the perfect place to unwind at any time of the day. Fresh, locally caught fish dishes are always on the menu and wherever possible local produce is used to create a mouth-watering variety of dishes. With Sunday lunches being served from midday and afternoon tea daily until 6pm.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Really like that there is a lot of space between each table. Privacy is important. The open kitchen is fantastic. It enables you to see how the chefs work and also enables you to talk to them if you wish. The menu is not a long rambling list. I believe people should make an effort with choice of dress when eating in a restaurant like silks. .

Atlantic-Managment, Public Relations Manager at Silks Bistro & Champagne Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Sandy H,

It's lovely to hear a review about Silks which focuses on a variety of aspects. We believe privacy is an essential part of any dining experience and we therefore like to ensure that there is plenty of space between our tables. The open kitchen is designed for customers to see our chefs preparing a variety of dishes - and as you say, it allows you to talk to them too!

I am equally pleased that you felt the menu was concise and easy to choose from and I would like to thank you for reviewing our restaurant on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We visited this restaurant for their special champagne christmas dinner and dance. The decor and ambience were good so we looked forward to a good evening. The tables looked lovely and the starter was fine. My husband and I ordered rib of beef for the main course. (Everything had to be ordered when we booked the tickets.) When it arrived it was inedible, raw in places and very tough. We discretely asked for it to be changed or cooked a little more. After a fairly long wait it was returned to the table. It was no better and the knife just bounced off. Not wanting to make the situation embarrassing for our friends we just ate the vegetables. The desert was fine. My husband spoke to the manager and said he was very dissapointed as the tickets were not cheap and would like some recompense. She said this could not be done at the moment but would discuss it with her manager and get in touch. Six weeks later we received a phone call offering a discounted Sunday lunch. I explained that I worked on Sunday and would like to have a money off voucher instead so that we could use it at a convenient time to us. Six months later and nothing has arrived despite a couple of phone calls to them. If you do decide to try this restaurant make sure you do not pay in advance of the evening because once they have your money they do not care. Shame really as my work is in a service industry where I am in a position to recommend various eating places around Newquay. Needless to say Silks is not one I mention.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My mother-in-law and two of my wife's sisters were over from France, so we had a big family get-together. Everyone in our party was impressed by the restaurant decor and friendly ambiance.
We had pre-meal drinks, mainly Champagne, and there was a lot of chatting. We were never rushed to our tables after our orders were taken, but allowed to take our time. The kitchen is open plan onto the restaurant so the chef knows when he has to start preparing our food.
The staff had set up a separate table of six for the youngsters (aged 2 to 10) and kept them occupied so they could have a good time. Their food was from the same menu as the adults. This left the 16 adults free to talk.
The food was beautiful, even our French visitors who were used to excellent cuisine said how wonderful it was.
The price of this first class experience with champagne and many bottles of wine worked out at £32 a head.
We will definitely be going back! A must for anyone wanting either a romantic meal or a family get-together.

Dear docb1946,

Having read your review, it sounds like you had a wonderful time at our restaurant. It's great to hear that you selected our restaurant as the location for such a special occasion and that you were pleased with the food and service you received.

It's brilliant to hear that you found our staff very attentive and were also impressed with the set up for your party. It sounds like you all had a lovely time and I am thrilled to read that you felt we offered a first class dining experience

I would like to thank you for reviewing us on Tripadvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Silks in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Went for my 20th wedding anniversary and was so disappointed. Chicken risotto was what most of our party of 5 went for. Frozen veg in the risotto, strange round pieces of chicken and the sauce tasted just like normal bisto gravy. Very little veg with any of the meals and 1 slice of bread given with our soup starter. Poor quality food! The setting was lovely as where the views but it is not enough to make me want to go back again.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The chef and his team really know their business! The food was both well prepared and cooked, but also the selection was varied and imaginatively presented.
The dining room is very pleasant and there is also the option of taking drinks in a sheltered spot outside.

Dear Greenaj71,

Thank you for your kind complement regarding our chef and his team, they all work very hard to ensure the highest of dining standards in our restaurant. It is pleasing to hear that you felt there were a variety of dishes to choose from and that the presentation was imaginative.

I notice that you found the dining room to be pleasant, and our outside shelter is perfect for enjoying a cold beverage under on a warm summers day!

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us, thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you to Silks in the future.