“Top Class”

Silks Bistro & Champagne Bar
Ranked #59 of 246 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the four star Atlantic Hotel, Silks Bistro and Champagne Bar is one the finest restaurants in Newquay. The bistro exudes a distinctively modern vibe with monochrome upholstery and sky high palms.Open seven days a week serving coffees, teas and light bites and with daily lunch and evening specials, the AA Rosette awarding-winning Silks Bistro & Champagne Bar is the perfect place to unwind at any time of the day. Fresh, locally caught fish dishes are always on the menu and wherever possible local produce is used to create a mouth-watering variety of dishes. With Sunday lunches being served from midday and afternoon tea daily until 6pm.
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Menu of good choice, cooked and presented to a high standard, the open kitchen gave a homely feel to the evening. I had recommend booking early.

1  Thank Alan B

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The Atlantic hotel is a giant building overseeing beautiful beaches. Silks is situated in the conservatory, The decor is very stylish and shiny, the only thing I feel that lets the room down is that eating there in April was a chilly experience ( I wish I had brought my coat). The meal was tasty and well presented. The staff were friendly until the end of the evening when there was a definite feel that we were no longer welcome with staff collecting there coats and bags and walking past us calling goodnight as they left, I found this quite rude!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We've been to Silks several times these past 3 years and not been disappointed. Both Steak and Fish Dishes are usually good and plentiful. I agree that the Steaks are a tad salty but that is how I like them - you can always ask for the Restaurant Staff are generally accommodating. There is a good selection of wines at restaurant prices.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We were staying at the Atlantic and had a few drinks in Silks but did not eat. Location was lovely, fabulous interior design. Really different.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Overall pleasant enough, just felt mains in particular were very plain - nothing special about them at all. No sauces offered for the steak,one in particular was salty! That was a first at any restaurant for me (and not in a good way). We did however try the cheapest bottle of wine on the menu and it was very pleasant! But generally for a restaurant that is more expensive than the average in Newquay, it wasn't anything more special for the money.