“Great fun”

Pirate's Quest
Ranked #17 of 63 things to do in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Book your adventure online to secure a tour time. Get ready to embark on a swashbucklin’ voyage through Cornwall’s pirating past at Pirate’s Quest, Newquay – Come face to face with smugglers, mermaids, and real LIVE buccaneers! A brand new storyline for 2017 will see visitors transported back over 300 years to the Golden Age of Piracy and the dawn of The Republic of Pirates. A real LIVE pirate from the infamous ‘Flying Gang’ will help you escape a shipwreck then lead you through the mystical caves and murky streets of eighteenth century Cornwall to the crew’s recruitment base; Blackbeard’s Tavern. Eventually you’ll arrive at the Captain’s Ship, ready to set sail to an exotic Caribbean island and The Republic of Pirates. The hour-long walk-through experience will allow pirate fans and their crew mates the chance to feel, hear, smell, and see Cornwall’s intriguing legends and exciting history.
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We all enjoyed Buccaneer Bay and would recommend to anybody thinking of visiting. It was fun yet informative and my son particularly enjoyed the treasure hunt where he had to look for letters on the way around. The little shop is great, full of lots of pirate themed gifts at reasonable prices. We'd definitely visit again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We went to Bucaneer Bay whilst on holiday in Cornwall. My husband went years ago and was very keen for me to 'experience' it too! We went in with our 2 year old daughter.
We were greeted by a lady on reception who explained how it all worked. We had a few moments to wait whilst she checked the pirate was 'in position' (slightly ruined the anticipation as I imagined him adjusting his parrot). We went in and were met by Captain Jack (AKA Calico Jack). He was BRILLIANT. Really great Pirate voice, lots of jokes interweaving the stories. He was so good he could easily have been in the London Dungeon. It took about 45 mins to go round, not a great deal to look at. It must have been a bit rubbish before they employed the pirates, Calico Jack made the whole experience as far as I'm concerned.
My husband went through the 'scary bit' but I didn't really feel our little girl was up to it so I waited in a fairly nondescript corridor for his return. It was quite pricey, £15 for us both with a discount voucher. But the 'real pirate' experience was very funny and he earned every penny as far as we were concerned. Great family fun on a rainy day!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have today just visited buccaneer bay and it was great. We were met by a real life pirate who told us stories and showed us round. We were kept involved the whole time. My wife and I thought it was really good and so did my two young sons. Would recommend to everyone and would go again, in fact if my kids get their way we will probably go again before the week is over

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Didn't know what to expect from this attraction. On arrival the pleasant lady behind the counter explained how long it took so knew it was a 45 min experience.
The actors/ pirates were great and answered my 6 year old questions. The scary part was very scary and we took our boys (4and6 yrs) and in hindsight we should have gone the safe way as it was very scary even for me!!
Very comical so good entertainment for adults too.
At the time we were there I think the owner was there and talking to him we mentioned our son was doing a school project on pirates, at the end he approached us to ask if he would like a photo with one of the pirates for his schoolwork.
Yes only a 45 min experience but worth a visit!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

just visited newquay' buccaneer bay pirate show. staff were excellent and entertaining whilst showing groups around and made up for the lack of moving exhibits. reasonably priced for a family trip especially if its raining. we had 4 and 5 year olds with us who enjoyed the "scary bit" but not for all children as the pirate staff DO jump out at you.