“Fun for the family ..”

Pirate's Quest
Ranked #17 of 63 things to do in Newquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Book your adventure online to secure a tour time. Get ready to embark on a swashbucklin’ voyage through Cornwall’s pirating past at Pirate’s Quest, Newquay – Come face to face with smugglers, mermaids, and real LIVE buccaneers! A brand new storyline for 2017 will see visitors transported back over 300 years to the Golden Age of Piracy and the dawn of The Republic of Pirates. A real LIVE pirate from the infamous ‘Flying Gang’ will help you escape a shipwreck then lead you through the mystical caves and murky streets of eighteenth century Cornwall to the crew’s recruitment base; Blackbeard’s Tavern. Eventually you’ll arrive at the Captain’s Ship, ready to set sail to an exotic Caribbean island and The Republic of Pirates. The hour-long walk-through experience will allow pirate fans and their crew mates the chance to feel, hear, smell, and see Cornwall’s intriguing legends and exciting history.
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Yes slightly overpriced at 25 pounds for our family, but it's all very well done , great interaction with the pirates , the kids loved it and to he honest that's what its all about !

There are newer reviews for Pirate's Quest

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I suppose it must be hard to keep a place like this running on a wet Monday in October but I left wishing they really hadn't bothered. No doubt they have more than one actor to guide you round on busy days but today there was a bit of multi-pirating required by the young lad who must have been as embarassed as I was when he saw the old git waiting for him in reception. Ok, It was quite entertaining in the 'scary passage' when the guide...ah, don't want to spoil the only fun bit.

What really annoyed me was the complete lack of imagination as far as sounds, lighting, FX went. There was a talking head (projector) at one point, a fair bit of disco smoke and a flickering candle (which explains the warning about strobe lighting).

A 20 minute tour of some black painted rooms with second-hand diaramas and dodgy manikins, costing £8.50 for adults - Come on guys, do the decent thing and invest in your attraction. It's not good enough that kids enjoy it (which I'm sure they do), the adults expect a bit more effort.

1  Thank 3DogKnights
piratemanager, Manager at Pirate's Quest, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for spending the time to review our attraction. We are sorry that you felt let down by the displays. I wish that you had let us know as you were leaving as now I can only guess that something had gone wrong with the sound system during your visit.. We have many background noises playing and several of the displays will tell you their own story ( spoken and sung). I see from your reviews that you might come to Cornwall at the end of each season. Please come and see us again next year so that we can offer you the full experience including our updated story on Mary Bryant which will go live in January 2013.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

it was quite intresting the guide pirate was good and funny good value for money quite a big attraction we both enjoyed it

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I went here with my boyfriend while on holiday and even though we were the only ones there the actors still put their all into the performance. I even screamed a bit when we went through the 'scary' cove area! This was aproper laugh with some really good facts and stories about Newquay and the surrounding area, so would definately recommend. Really good fun.

1  Thank snowflake118
Reviewed September 29, 2012

My girlfriend and I went the other week and absolutely loved it! The actors were incredible and really breathed life into the stories they were telling. Even though there was only the two of us, they made a huge effort. All in all it was great fun, and I'd recommend it to anyone, of any age.

2  Thank Andy N