“Overrated”

Bank St Bar & Grill
Ranked #122 of 233 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Bar, British, American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Overrated”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place after reading all the reviews on here. I just wanted a burger with cheese. I was waiting for 20 minutes. The staff were extremely rude telling me to move to another table.

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Great food, shame about the staff & owner”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Love the food here, reasonably priced, fresh, generous portions. I like to pop in for lunch sometimes. However AVOID AT ALL COSTS for evening meals. Countless times our reservation has disappeared, we have waited 20 minutes to be seated, only for the rude staff to come over half way through eating and tell us we have to be gone in 10 minutes because someone else needs the table. The staff are all unpleasant, the "roll-their-eyes-and-tut" type. On the occasions the owner has come out, she's like a drunken, brawling stripper. Dressed in next to nothing, swearing, aggressive. Happy to pop in for a quiet lunch, but I won't be spending a great deal of time or money here. Would not recommend.

Visited July 2013
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Beautiful lunctime burgers”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My partner and I have twice visited Bank St Bar, both times for lunch, we are left incredibly full and very very happy with our food. Whilst I don't think I would choose to go for dinner there it screams for lunchtime burgers or wraps. My only criticism would be the waitress on both occasions while was polite enough didn't seem too happy to serve us, almost dumped the menu, our drinks and our food to us and went each occasion back to her seat at the bar. The price is high for 'just burgers' but these are far from it. The pulled pork burger especially we would both have time and again. Happily pay the price here when you consider the average standard of most burgers in other pubs/ restaurants. Wonderful food, nice presentation. Comfy seats and nice décor. Happier waitress would leave happier customers.

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place. Nice staff”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Love going here. If its a coffee or a meal. Lovely staff. Always worth a visit. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“The Best Restaurant in Newquay”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Without a doubt the best restaurant in Newquay and service to match. Clean, sleek and modern. We have been a few times and would rrecommend to anyone.

• Visited August 2012