“Great food - a shame about the staff.”
Review of Bank St Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Bank St Bar & Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The food here is wonderful. It's all prepared fresh and was absolutely worth every penny!

Sadly the service from the staff was a bit of a let down. If I had been one of the single girls, rather than there with my partner and children, things would have been different I'm sure.

Even though there is a childrens menu, I didn't feel comfortable having my children in there.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Visited this restaurant whilst on holiday at beginning of August 2011 and would highly recommend it. The food was amazing and waitress was sooo helpful. Will definatley be back!! Would recommend you book a table in busy periods.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Atmosphere was lively and they cater for children well. Staff were friendly and service was good. Would go back and recommend to families

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Visited on a Wednesday when it is 2 for 1 Burgers. We all had a different burger and were delighted with our choices. The pork belly burgers were succulent & tasty and the beef burgers great too.
Service was attentive despite the restaurant being very busy and the staff did appear rushed off their feet but I cannot fault the staff at all. We ordered one starter to share and two arrived. We immediately pointed out the fault and the cost was deducted from our bill with no issues at all.
All in all, one of our favourite meals in Newquay where on the whole the food has been decidedly average.
Would thoroughly recommend this restaurant for families & couples alike.

1  Thank Tiddymitch
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Ordered a goats cheese pasta dish mid week. Waited an hour for it to turn up and then with no explanation from the staff the chef used camembert cheese instead. I only assume they were out, and thought, its all we can do - so lets see if the customer complains...Fair enough, but not even from the right animal? LOL. Having eaten in most of the food spots in the town I'd say this is just more average food and service you get used to living in Newquay.

3  Thank mixer28