Kandi Lodge
$207
  • Breakfast included
$122
$119
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$118
$112
$77
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$101
$91
All reviewstop bunkbacon sandwichtea and coffeeroom was cleanthe location is perfectnewquay centreminute walkhostelensuitetvhosts
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Kandi lodge is run by a absolutely fantastic lady called Kirsty, she was an absolute diamond as was her partner Benny. They both answered any questions I had fully and seemed glad to do so.
The rooms are bunk beds with the size ranging from 3-6 spaces, each room with its own toilet and shower, the showers are surprising powerful and got the sand off my and my friends feet and hair no problem.
The reception is also a communal area which has 2 microwaves, toaster, fridge and kettle.
I Honestly do not know why a couple of people have given bad reviews to this place it is a great little place for large groups particularly the 18-25 age group.

The only bad point is there isn't anywhere to hang wet clothes in the rooms other than over the end of the beds, although I imagine if I had asked then something would've been sorted as they were very helpfull!

RECOMMENDED!!!!!

Room Tip: Book long in advance and try to get a non ground floor room as then during the day you can leave your windows open which makes it cooler at night time.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Kirsty888, Manager at Kandi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your great review, Its nice to know we are doing some things right. Hope to see you guys next year.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Took a break to newquay with some friends. Was really pleased with Kandi Lodge. Great location close to beaches (5 min walk) right in centre of town walking distance to everywhere....didnt even move the car once! The staff were friendly and helpful giving us tips on activities in the local area. Would definitely stay again....all round great value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Couldn't have asked for a better location- near the beaches, town, clubs and restaurants. We had a room of 6 for 5 nights and bed sheets were dirty , room was absolutely tiny as was bathroom and very hot but can't grumble for £15 a night. Overall what I expected. There are 2 staff there who I think are the owners and the woman is generally blunt and sarcastic when you want questions answered or need any information about the area.

1  Thank Emmat0073
Kirsty888, Manager at Kandi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Hi, Thank you for your review. I'm a little bit disappointed to be honest. The bed sheets were all clean and put on the beds fresh that very same day of arrival by myself as I we did have a full turn around , I will have to double check them all again just to make sure there are no stains for future guests. As you added 2 more people on to your original party, I did explain that I would have to put another bunk bed up in one of the rooms and it would be tight, but you did agree that this was fine and you were all travelling with light luggage. I did put a fan in your room as I know it was hot. To be honest I was very blunt with your group as I was fed up of 30 drunk girls that were 16 years old in and out of the lodge until 5am, outside smoking and a few of the girls being sick all night. We did have complaints from our neighbours and other guests staying so on a few occasions I did come out and tell you all to be quiet. My patience was tested! On departure some of the deposits were not returned as we had a lot of damage/rubbish and stains all over the carpets and walls from make-up and nail polish in 2 of the bedrooms. Absolutely no respect for others property.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stopped there and wont be stopping again, the owners are not friendly or helpful. The rooms are small and stink of piss. The shower is to small and couldn't fit in it properly. Also the owners make it difficult to get your deposits back when leaving. Avoid avoid avoid

2  Thank muzza1686
Kirsty888, Manager at Kandi Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

We try to pride ourselves on friendliness, cleanliness and professionalism. Unfortunately this review cannot be any further from the truth.
To pay £25pppn to stay in a box room which stank of urine, Why nobody asked to see the Manager and complain to either change rooms or to get a full refund!?? Not stay for 2 nights then decide to tell tripadvisor! The lodge is always cleaned on a daily basis. All of your £20 deposits were returned once the whole group checked out, not individually! Your the only stag party out of many that have stayed with us, that have caused so much upset and distress. When a member of your group acts like such an animal and then has to be escorted of the premises by the police.
Please stop writing reviews that are untrue as it’s really quite embarrassing on your behalf.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Firstly the location is great, near to everything. Unfortunately that's the only positive from the weekend. Rooms were tiny with flimsy bunkbeds. Clean but small. We were hassled for the money on arrival. Half the group were in the town so a few of us went to secure the rooms. They wouldn't let us in until everyone came. The staff were quite rude about this. Later on the night the owner/manager wouldn't let a few of the group in because of a forgotten key. Instead of sorting it out calmly he physically attacked a member of the group and bit his leg! The police were called and a massive argument ensued. This guy is an absolute joke and its a wonder how this business functions. On departure he made it difficult to retrieve our £20 deposits.
To conclude if you go to newquay avoid this place like the plague.