“I could happily live here!”

Review of Poppy Barn

Meadow Barns is rated 4 Star with Visit Britain
The Meadow
Meadow Barn
View from Meadow Barns
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
liahatt
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“I could happily live here!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011 for a stay in June 2011
person found this review helpful

My husband and I arrived at Poppy Barn in June 2011. The pictures are lovely but they really don't do the barn justice, it is absolutely gorgeous. The view and the surroundings made it even more special, a very peaceful haven. The barn has been converted and decorated to a very high standard, and we were very impressed, I could happily move in there tomorrow!! The location was excellent, just outside the village of Quintrell Downs, it seems that everything was within reach, especially Newquay which was a very short drive away. Plenty of shops/restaurants close by. We had a warm welcome from the owners which was very nice when we got there. We will definitely be booking again!

Location Cleanliness
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Sep 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send this very positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Kind regards SCC Booking Team
jacqui483...
jacqui4831
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 8, 2011 for a stay in March 2011
person found this review helpful

These apartments are just like the pictures. They are fantastic. Very Clean. Everything you could need was available. The views are to die for and if you like nature you will love it. Even my daughter, put her ipod down and went off around the field to explore. We saw foxes, deer and some creatures I've had to look up when I got home. All in all, we had a great relaxing holiday and are already trying to organise another date to go back.

Disabled access: I am disabled and did not struggle getting around the apartment. However there is one step to get into the apartment (if you go round the back of the apartments), which I could manage if I used the door frame as a grab rail. I then slept in the twin bedroom and used the walk in shower, which I found easier to use then the bath tube. I hope you find this useful.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Sep 11, 2012
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing