“Delicious Pizza and Stunning Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Phoenix

The Phoenix
Ranked #106 of 234 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A friendly family pub, located in the beautiful location of Watergate Bay.
Glendale, California
“Delicious Pizza and Stunning Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I ate at The Phoenix last September with my family and it was the one time during my six week trip in the UK, that I felt like I was back home in Southern California. I would never have guessed that there would be a beach scene in England, but this restaurant with it's surf boards in the parking lot and views of the ocean, was just like being in Laguna or Malibu.

We had gourmet pizzas and enjoyed the stunning sunset from the enclosed balcony. This was a really great find on our Cornwall vacation.

Like my review? Check out my blog!

Visited September 2013

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

I have been to the Phoenix many times before when I was down in Cornwall surfing. Always enjoyed it, but only really came for drinks before heading out somewhere. This time with the kids, we came for something to eat and to watch England play in the world cup. (Honestly, don't know why I bothered with that bit!). The food was excellent and the service was great particularly in relation to to catering for kids. Don't be put off by the front of the place. It is a really good place to get something to eat. Very friendly.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank TheGnomeAtHome
Ph x, Owner at The Phoenix, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

It was a lovely Sunday evening and we met some friends for dinner who lived nearby. They had never eaten there before and I don't think they will return . Very frosty service and "ok" food x

Visited June 2014
Ph x, Owner at The Phoenix, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your visit to the Phoenix. We pride ourselves on friendly welcoming staff and good quality pub food, so if you found either of these not to be the case we are sincerely sorry. We are a small family run business and value our local customers.. so do hope you'll visit again.
Wiltshire UK
“Surprisingly good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I only put in the word surprisingly as part of the outside sign had fallen down and the outside is not inspiring - BUT go in and eat and it all gets a lot better. The specials board is good and the food we had was excellent, good quality, well cooked and presented all at realistic prices. For us the service was good with staff checking frequently that all was OK. A previous reviewer complained about 3 scallops for £7.50 - obviously they do not eat scallops out often as that is far from overpriced.
Look past the exterior and eat the food

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank eisak
Worcester, United Kingdom
“ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We visited early in the season having heard good reports about the place. Food was no better than average and the service was very slow. We will go back. Hopefully they will have got themselves into gear.

• Visited March 2014