“Great Place, food and welcome...”
Review of The Phoenix - CLOSED

The Phoenix
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A friendly family pub, located in the beautiful location of Watergate Bay.
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have just got back from a trip to Watergate Bay and visited for the first time 'The Phoenix'
What a great place to kick back and enjoy fabulous food and great service from the guy's behind the bar to the guy's serving the food, (and the chef of course) We had a fantastic meal which was washed down with great Cornish cider... A place to recommend !! Will be back soon.

1  Thank Neil T
There are newer reviews for The Phoenix

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We always visit The Phoenix when we come to north Cornwall. The food is always delicious with large portions and speedy service! Good value too.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I came here with my family. The seating is great and so is the view. Every where is very clean and tidy but it is obvious that the staff are unhappy in their jobs. I did not see one of them smile throughout my whole visit and the customer service was terrible.

I was served a raw burger. It was completely red and uncooked in the middle. I sent it back and they assured me that they would cook us a new one - no apology was given. 35 minutes later, the rest of my family had finished their meals which they said were average (nothing special at all) and my burger had still not returned so I went back to complain again. They gave me a refund for it and said my burger would be with me shortly for free. Another 15 minutes passed by and there was still no food in front of me. This made it a total of 50 minutes of waiting before I went back and asked where it was only to be told they were 'just putting it on the grill'. I told them to forget it.

Definitely won't be returning.

1  Thank ClarehTM
Ph x, Manager at The Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

We are extremely sorry that you did not have a good visit to the Phoenix, we pride our selves on good quality well cooked food served by helpful friendly front of house staff. As you can see from previous reviews this is usually the case.
I am unsure what happened on this occasion but hopefully you will come and visit us again and i can assure you of a better experience.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 weeks holiday and stayed with walking distance of the Phoenix pub, we ate there on the first evening and then returned a further 5 evenings.
The food is very good and the atmosphere and staff are very helpful.
I would defiantly recommend a visit, you can sit out on the veranda and enjoy the view whilst eating fabulous food.

1  Thank kevinandmands1
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Seating area upstairs outside in the sun with views of the sea and countryside. Friendly, helpful staff. Good choice of menu. Reasonably priced food, well cooked, very large proportions and well presented. Large relaxed area downstairs with pool table. Must have been good as we ate there every night and thoroughly enjoyed it! Would 100percent recommend!