“Big portions at a more than fair price with friendly staff”
Review of The Tavern Inn

The Tavern Inn
Ranked #92 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business providing reasonably priced family pub grub to our regulars and any holiday makers. We are situated in beautiful Newquay but tucked away from the hustle and bustle. We have a traditional indoor area where you can choose to sit in the main bar, Cornish corner or our restaurant but we also have 2 fantastic outdoor seating areas. We welcome families and dogs and we provide a wide range of food and drinks to enjoy.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Visited the tavern twice whilst on holiday. The food came in large portions at and excellent price. In comparison to what I get at home and what I pay the meals were fantastic. Well worth a visit even for a few pints!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Unfortunately my first impressions were really poor because after I got out my car in the car park I noticed a couple of boys throwing stones over the big wall deliberately on to cars. I moved my car and went in to eat.
The food was fine, very average. Portions were big and prices were pretty good. The interior of the pub was very dingy and tired. It came across as a very 'local' pub.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

The food was great and good value. Plenty of local beer and ciders on offer . Great atmosphere and very welcoming.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Visited a few times whilst on holiday for a week. Staff are friendly. Food was great too. We ordered beef sizzler although its not on the menu and it was amazing. This place is worth a visit even though its not in the centre of town its worth making the effort to go there.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We had been to the tavern before and had a nice meal, So went went again and had the worst steak ever. I asked for it medium but got a 50/50 meat/fat combo that was dry and totally over cooked. I put the steak into a napkin and brought it home for the dog. When asked at the end of our meal how it was i stated that the steak was shocking and the kids spicy pasta is a little over spicy. I said i will write a review to which she replied THATS FINE. Im sure they used to do homemade chips but there gone :(

2  Thank chris d