“evening meal”

The Tavern Inn
Ranked #92 of 250 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family run business providing reasonably priced family pub grub to our regulars and any holiday makers. We are situated in beautiful Newquay but tucked away from the hustle and bustle. We have a traditional indoor area where you can choose to sit in the main bar, Cornish corner or our restaurant but we also have 2 fantastic outdoor seating areas. We welcome families and dogs and we provide a wide range of food and drinks to enjoy.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Having been recommended we decided to visit The Tavern on 22/05/2013 for an evening meal for four adults. Initial impressions were good friendly staff good selection of beers and other drinks and the menu was excellent, plenty of choice. We were given a taster of a beer we were unsure about which was a pleasant surprise. We had 4 main meals, a lamb shank, 2 rib eye steaks and a mixed grill. The mixed grill was the best that I'd ever eaten.
The service was also excellent the waitress even brought out a drink of water for our dog.
We will be visiting Newquay again in September and you can be sure that we will be using The Tavern again.

1  Thank donnellyj3

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Do visit this lovely restaurant. If you want a superbly cooked meal and a homely atmosphere, this is it. But that is not all. The service is excellent and the prices charged are a very pleasant surprise. We go regularly now we found it which, incidentally was recommended by our son who has high standards and thought as we do, great place, and also visits when we are lucky enough to be in Cornwall. Thank you to you all, will see you in September!

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The pub although on the outskirts of Newquay was very much like a country pub. The atmosphere was very friendly and the staff were extremely helpful and obliging with changing items on the meal. The food was very much traditional pub grub.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We were on holiday in Cornwall and wanted somewhere that we could eat and watch a football match at the same time. I ordered the 8oz rump and it was the best steak I've had in years. Cooked exactly how I asked. Portions were a good size and very filling. The owners were very friendly and made us feel very welcome, even turning on the football for us (without us asking) on a tv above our table. Lovely little pub.

1  Thank Emz82_in_uk
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the nearby hendra complex for a week up to the 13th April 2013, myself wife son and daughter their partners and my granddaughter. My son and I wanted to watch the rugby on both our first and last evenings, so we searched and found this absolute gem.
The landlord put us the match on for us on the first night, we sat in lovely comfy arm chairs and although the result didn't go our way we couldn't not have been more impressed with the level of service and politeness offered to us by the landlord landlady and his staff, they engaged us in conversation throughout our stay and asked several times if everything was ok for us. We were so impressed by our visit and by the sight and smell of the meals being served that we returned the following day for Sunday lunch. What a winning decision that was! A superb Sunday lunch served very quickly, in very generous and well cooked portions at £6.95 a head....it was simply the best Sunday roast I have ever had!
If you have read any of the previous few negative reviews let me assure you there is a great atmosphere, a very warm welcome, great crack with the pub regulars, superb food and terrific service to be experienced at this absolute gem!! My advice? Make a visit, you will not be disappointed we will all be visiting again on our next visit to the area.

1  Thank Edwinhick
Tavern_Inn_Newquay, Owner at The Tavern Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Many Thanks For Your kind Comments,

We Do Try Hard To Keep The Tavern As A "Pub" Serving Great Local Food At Good Prices For Both Partys.

We Try Of Offer Somthing For Everyone, With Food Food Great Ale, Sky Sports And Pool & Darts.

We Were So Pleased You Enjoyed Your Stay With Us And Really Hope To See You And Your Family Soon.

Many Thanks