“Worst food experience ever!!”
Review of Two Clomes

Two Clomes
Ranked #11 of 244 Restaurants in Newquay
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I went here for a big family meal, there was 17 of us and only 3 said there food was nice! 5 of us had the gourmet burger which was just awful! None of us ate it. It was really dry and crumbly and didn't taste anything like meat. Another had the fish pasta and she said it was different to what they had described and disliked it a lot, she only had 3 mouthfuls and that was it. We also had a side plate if onion rings which were also awful. Even the look if them didn't look appealing (hence why I didn't have one!) there also weren't eaten! Another had the curry and he said it was also not nice, he even told the waitress how disappointed he was with it! Overall, the waitresses were nice and kept asking us if we needed drinks and the garlic bread was nice. I'm never eating here again and don't advise anyone to eat here and make the same mistake as us and waste your money on something you're not going to eat!!

1  Thank Anony19
392Lovefood, Owner at Two Clomes, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

I am really sorry that you felt you had to come on tripadvisor and write such an awful review when you or any of your party didnt cmplain on the night, which I feel is very unfair to us and cowerdly.
Our burgers are homemade with fresh mince beef straight from our butcher, so Im not sure what meat you have eaten in the past but it would deffinatley taste like meat. The FISH PASTA, which is called seafood linguine is descibed as a selection of fresh fish cooked in a creamy white wine sauce served with linguine, parmesan & garlic bread which is exactly how it comes, maybe you didnt understand what you were ordering. As no one from your party complained that evening and when two gentlemen came to pay the bill with myself at the end of the evening, I asked if everything has been ok, they replied "it has been lovely, here is a £10 tip for you all", I took that as a positive thing, so I am very confused about this aggressive review. I can see that you have reviewed one other establishment in Newquay and you thought it was amazing. People that know of the two establishments will know that we are very different and attract a very different clientele, so I suggest you stick to going to places like that as we really are not for you. I hope other readers dont take this review in and give us a try as all our food is fresh, homemade and to a high standard as you can see from the majority of the reviews.

There are newer reviews for Two Clomes

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Came here for a family post Christmas Sunday lunch.
the service was very friendly and welcoming and the pub was delightfully decorated for Christmas
The Sunday lunch menu was really quite comprehensive and the beef and lamb was really good value, well presented and very tasty as was the deserts

So Would I recommend/ come again? Absolutely I would

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

We are from the north of England and travelled down to Newquay for a break. We went on the search for some great food and it doesn't come much better than this little gem.

The food was excellent, the atmosphere was great and the owners were very friendly and welcoming. So much so we returned the following day.

Would recommend the fish and chips.

Fantastic!! Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm a touch apprehensive at rating this little gem.. I'd like to keep it all to myself, ha ha. I had the most wonderful Sunday Roast - Feeling greedy so had all 3 courses at £12.95 ... FOOD to DIE FOR!! Not been for a few years, but now under new Management and came highly recommended... Loving the feel of that cosy old pub - with their friendly staff & excellent service, can't wait to go again! GREAT FOOD!!

1  Thank Tiger-Squirrel
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The bar is small and dark-quite dingy actually. Seating is minimal in the bar area but this is because it is a small pub. The 'bolt on' eating area is much much larger and bright/airy. Outside is a well kept and extremely pretty garden area, brick laid. It has hanging baskets and a wide variety of flowers, all well tended and free from litter.
The landlord and landlady are very young. But don't be put off by it because they are two of the most professional, courteous and hard working publicans I have met. Many of the more 'established' publicans could learn a thing or two from this couple. Likeable and helpful, they will go far. It will be a great shame if ever they leave.
The food varies from good to excellent. We have eaten there several times and yet to have something presented to us of which we were unhappy. You can eat in the bar area-there are tables by the fire-but it does get very warm. The restaurant is better and, when busy, there is a good atmosphere. Equally it is a great place to come for a quiet meal.
Not much there for the kids. Don't forget this is a small village pub and limited with space. The locals are lively but not offensive. Some of the bar chat is hilarious and quite entertaining.
Parking is ample and the beer is good. Never had a bad pint there. Prices are comparable.
There is a much larger pub up the road called The Quint. But it is nowhere near as good as this little gem of a pub, despite the size advantage. In fact there are three places in this village to go for a pint and The Clomes is the preferred choice of locals and tourists alike. It is the cleanest pub of the three and the most welcoming.
If you are set for a pint and a meal, find yourself in Quintrell Downs and looking for the best pub? It would have to be the Two Clomes without a doubt.
Small pub, amazing service.

3  Thank Studiologic