“What a Gem!”

Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
N.W. England
“What a Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at Hotel Bristol in May 2014 and had a truly wonderful holiday experience. We have travelled extensively round the U.K. and Europe and have to say that The Hotel Bristol is truly one of the best for high-class food, comfort, ambience and staff- friendliness, coupled with professionalism. The wheelchair-friendly room was exactly that (so many state they offer wheelchair accommodation which turns out to be woeful); it was spacious and had a superb sea- view. Hats off to the owners, Mr. & Mrs. Young, and the Team at Hotel Bristol!! We hope to return later in the year.

Zoe & Paul

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I am a Receptionist at another Best Western so I am aware of our very high standards we aim for our guests, and The Best Western Hotel Bristol is certainly following them well. Although a few areas could do with a spruce up, the bedrooms were a good size and well equip with everything needed for my first (of many) trips to Newquay. The bed was the most comfortable nights sleep I've had n a while, with the welcome (and unexpected) addition of a duvet. With the addition to the good sea front location, 5 min walk to the town and Tesco Express literally next door I was very impressed with the hotel in general. Although I opted for room service breakfast, the dining area is simply beautiful and I will no doubt enjoy it on a future visit. The bar and social lounges downstairs that overlook the seafront also looked very appealing. Being a dog friendly hotel also means next time I visit I can bring my beloved pooch. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. They all seemed to enjoy their jobs within the hotel as much as I enjoy mine! Breakfast was delicious and brought to my room within a very short time of ordering, even though I ordered at a busy time. I think its important to give honest reviews for both the general public to choose the right hotel for their needs and for the hotel staff to see how they are doing. Hotel Bristol are doing a great job and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who asks. My only criticism would be to invest some money with a little spruce up here and there, but other than that I honestly cant fault the place! Had a great weekend break here and I look forward to returning soon :) Many thanks

Room Tip: I was on the third floor which at first sounds daunting, however a lift made life much easier! Mobil...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Our second stay at Hotel Bristol was just as nice as the first last year. Always a lovely warm greeting both on the phone when booking and when there in person. The staff are genuinely lovely and helpful and seem to enjoy working there (none of this 'fake niceness' you sometimes get in places!). It is a family friendly hotel (we have a 4 and 6 year old) and our 2 children were welcomed and enjoyed themselves as we did. The hotel may not be as modern as others but it doesn't need to be in my mind - you have everything you need and more space than many modern hotels, and it is CLEAN! So nice to be in a lovely clean hotel - even under the beds!! Thanks to everyone - we will see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hotel Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our stay at The Hotel Bristol was excellent and the room superb (Room 350). The staff were very professional, well motivated, friendly and cheerful.They certainly added to our enjoyment last weekend. We certainly hope to return there for another stay at sometime in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Harlow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here for a long weekend around Easter time - the hotel is a "Classic" in so much as it hasn't been refurbished since it was built, but in a funny way this adds to its charm! The staff are all friendly, the restaurant seems to think it belongs to a 4/5* hotel in the way it operates, although the food lets it down and the bar didnt have more than 8 people in it at any time we were there.

The rooms were in DIRE need of refurbishment and suffered from the classic "Newquay hotel experience/philosophy" - mainly coach trips or stag & hen dos stay here so why bother!?!

I might stay there again, but would have to give it serious consideration!

Room Tip: good luck!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple