“Lovely hotel.”

Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay
Ranked #22 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed July 13, 2012

we have just returned from three night stay here, travelling down from North Yorkshire. As this was a gift from my daughter for mothers day on a groupon voucher I did not know what to expect and actually didnt expect much. However the hotel was lovely, faded grandeur,The bed was absolutely huge, as wide as it was long, and the duvet was as big! We had a sea view with a large balcony. The only draw back there was this was where previous guests had stubbed out ciggerettes and just left the ends, which had accumulated somewhat and not cleared away. We had bed and breakfast so cannot comment on the evening food, however the breakfast was smashing, good service and good choice. Nicely cooked food and well presented. The staff were young and cheerful, nothing was any trouble to them, made us feel welcome. We used the pool and jacuzzi once it was clean, towels provided and we got it to ourselves so no complaints there! We found the TV fine, tuned in and picking up good reception, although frankly we dont go away to watch TV, so it didnt matter anyway. The locality is perfect for getting round Cornwall, although Newquay itself isnt the best cornwall has to offer. Its great for getting to other places. We had a funny 20 mins looking for the town centre, not realizing we were actually in it!! However after travelling all day we were a little spaced out anyway. All in all I would definitely return to this hotel it was a lovely break in lovely cornwall!

Room Tip: Room with a sea view is best, away from any noise, other than the gulls!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

For what we were charged the room by no means reflected its pricetag. opened the room door to find a dated tiny noisy room (it overlooked Berti's nightclub) The bathroom was clean but yet again a shower that just wees on you! It was dated because the furniture was old and tatty. The TV was ancient. All in all dissapointing for what it cost us! Could've stayed at The Atlantic for the same price!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Maximilian_1979
Reviewed July 7, 2012

me my partner and 2yr old daughter have just returned from a week at the hotel victoria and we loved it. the hotel is great the staff are really nice and helpful and the facilities are great me and my daughter wer in the pool and jacuzzi every day and its really clean the jacuzzi was nice and hot . at breakfast we were sat with a sea view and got a full english which was nice a filling and you could help yourself to as much cereal juice as you like. there is also a nightclub attached to the hotel but we never heard a noise from it and we slept really well. the room was nice and spacious and we was provided with a cot . this is the best hotel we have stayed in home or abroad and would recommend to anyone we will definitely be returning next year well done hotel victoria absolutely fantastic!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

clean, friendly and excellent service. great breakfast room with huge windows so you have a great sea view wherever you are sat.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My Partner and I stayed here for 3 nights. I Booked it as a fill in gap,

The room is second to none the en-suite was very BIG we had NO STREET NOISE and I thought we would of being at the front and next to the town,
The breakfast was nice Full English with a sea view that is the best iv seen ,We was full when we left set us up for the day...
The next day we went to Eden Project only a few miles away (nice drive as it happens ) so ideal for that

The swimming pool is not that long but is 3 foot to 8 foot deep the hot tub is also hot, Couldn't get my partner out, The steam room not that big but it was big enough the sauna
could do with a sign saying where it is as next to the ladies changing room almost in it lol The Hotel will give you towels as well .Also a large area out side to relax over looking the sea

Part of the hotel is DIVE NEWQUAY Now iv wanted to do this for years so you guessed it i did it..This day ill never forget the best iv had in years better than Your wedding day night ?? SO if you have ever wanted to do it this is the best chance you will ever get iv'e wasted years..
Loads of car parking we parked and did not need to move it if we did not want to also did see a camara over looking the car park

Would I ever go back to the hotel yes I would in a breath. All parts of the hotel gets 100% from me and my partner,We thing we was spoilt here and anywhere else will not match up to it now

The HOTEL VICTORIA is a large splendid hotel I feel lucky to have stayed here so if you are reading this HOTEL VICTORIA Thank you .... Brian and Karen Hendra suite 4th floor WoW ?

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nev2661
Reviewed June 23, 2012

stayed here with colleagues for one night. The hotel is large and was once grand I am sure. It is looking a little bit faded but still a good base.

The rooms are very reasonable and the gym OK. Dinner was excellent value. I was very impressed with the staff who were helpful and cheerful.

It is on the main street so expect some noise from late night/early morning stag and hen parties as they walk past. I was woken up at 3am with a tuneful performance of "you are my sunshine" by a crowd outside. Even though the rooms were fairly cheap I am not sure charging residents 5.00 to park is appropriate. Would I stay here again? If on work and trying to keep costs down most definitely.

Room Tip: front and left hand side of the hotel will mean noise from the bar and street. Try and grab a back r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Spent weekend at Hotel. 3rd floor spacious room with sea view. Good breakfast and recommend cream tea. Walking distance from Station, shops and harbour. Room well presented and clean.

• Stayed: June 2012