The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
$157
$153
$79
$70
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$80
$63
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
$117
$114
Hotels.com
3,975 results
All reviewsthe cottagesterrace restaurantsamphire restaurantcourtyard roomstorm watchingfistral viewmain restaurantfour poster bedhotel facilitiesbeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelself cateringrelaxation roomstunning viewscream teaamazing locationsteam room
Reviewed June 17, 2014

fantastic!! accommodation excellent, food brilliant , spa exceptional, its so relaxing the staff are attentive and polite and friendly, we couldn't have wished for a better time, so much so we have booked again at the end of july for one of their cottages. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: the fistral beach view room is lovely cool and relaxing
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jamie_Crossman, Duty Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you so much for so many positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back at the end of the Month!

Jamie

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed here for two nights but I wish it was more. Our room was 131 which is on the first floor and is an ocean view. Can't fault the room really. Breakfast was buffet, eggs and bacon and great. You can also chose from the menu. The location of the hotel is right on the beach. Dinner was three course and fab. Good choice of wines. The terrace outside is a nice chill out place to watch the sea. We didn't use all the facilities the hotel has as we were out all day. I am planning on returning to the Headland for a longer stay. I really liked it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jamie_Crossman, Duty Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

I am glad you found time to dine with us and enjoyed the experience. I am sure you will enjoy our new spa, pool and gym on your return visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jamie

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The location of this lovely hotel simply can't be beaten. I stayed a week in one of their self-catering cottages (Beach 2) and had gorgeous sea views from both the lounge and bedroom, as well as access to all the hotel's facilities. I particularly loved the spa, and the Terrace - the food at the hotel was excellent too. (I can also recommend the self-catering packs of local produce you can order from Trevilley Farms through the hotel, ready for when you arrive.) The cottage was lovely - nicely decorated, all the facilities/equipment you could need, balcony to sit out on with fabulous sea views, and very good value too (I stayed in the middle of May). This was my first visit, but I'll be back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jane D

Thank you for a lovely review.

I agree, the cottages really are a great place to stay if you like all the benefits of staying at The Headland but with the luxury of your own space.

We are lucky to have some great local suppliers such as Trevilley Farms as you mentioned. With fresh local produce at the heart of every dish our kitchens are able to create some very tasty dishes.

Again, thank you for the lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were guests here for a wedding and the whole day was simply perfect.

The weather helped out a bit, with champagne and canapés on the lawn with such a stunning background a wonderful start to the day.

The food was excellent with the roast beef being probably one of the best we've ever had. No mean feat when you think of the number being catered for.

As we didn't plan on being in the room very much, we went for the "budget" option of a courtyard room. This was perfect for our needs and was a decent size, nicely appointed and exceptionally clean.

I can't think of anything negative to say. Thanks.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Jamie_Crossman, Duty Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you for a lovely review.

The weather can provide endless opportunities for photographs and refreshments during weddings and events here on our grounds. We have been very lucky to have some stunning sunshine and sunsets throughout May and June this year. Our lawn is a great place for drinks and canapés during a comfort break overlooking Fistral beach and the Atlantic Ocean.

I believe one of The Headlands biggest strengths is coordinating various weddings and events whilst maintaining a high level of service to all of our guests.

I am so pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Have been coming to the Headland for many years, first with my father and now I'm coming with my own family. Great child friendly hotel that keeps evolving with time. We stayed during May half term with my sister and her family as well as our aunt, total of 4 adults and 3 children (7-9 year olds).
Positives:
Love the new spa and pool but unfortunately I could not get an appointment for a massage....next time I will book ahead
The quality and variety of food at evening meals and great service were a highlight!
Location and views :-)

Work in progress/areas of concern:
- lounge service... On the day of arrival we had lunch off the lounge menu. It took 90+ minutes for a few club sandwiches and pizza to arrive!!! Not great when with three hungry children... Despite numerous requests it seemed service was very unorganized but after I complained to reception (and move back our dinner reservation due to late lunch..) service suddenly became very attentive!

We had two Ocean view family rooms which have a kingsize double and bunk beds. Nicely furnished rooms with good views of the Atlantic but the rooms were small compared to similar type of hotels/price so not great value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Thank you very much indeed for keeping The Headland within your family tradition. I am absolutely delighted that you have continued to patronise The Headland, in fact we are very fortunate indeed by how many ‘three generation’ families do the same, often staying in a combination of both family rooms and suites within the main hotel and also our very cosy cottages.
We were incredibly busy during the May half term week and I am most apologetic that the service slipped in The Terrace on your arrival day. Our beautiful new spa was also in high levels of demand despite being really very sizeable by normal standards. I hope you will be pleased to know that within this next week, our guests will be able to book their treatments on- line either prior to their stay, or at least check availability for treatments at their leisure during their stay.
I do hope that we will see you back at The Headland in the not too distant future.
Darryl